Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding freshly squeezed lemon to fizzy watet

Options
  • 12-07-2011 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭

Sorry for asking a silly question. I like to add freshly squeezed lemon and lime to fizzy water. However when I make up a few bottles for work it tastes awful. How long should it last?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

tinner777 wrote: »
    Sorry for asking a silly question. I like to add freshly squeezed lemon and lime to fizzy water. However when I make up a few bottles for work it tastes awful. How long should it last?

I don't know the answer to your question but I slice lemon and lime and freeze it and put it into glasses of fizzy water. I have been doing this for a few years now and I like the result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

I have no idea how long it should last - but if you add anything non-carbonated to something carbonated it makes the carbonated drink go flat. You are probably tasting the carbon dioxide which is usually masked by bubbles.

You should bring in the water and bring your lemons and limes separately, and squeeze in a little juice just before drinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I like to add freshly squeezed lemon and lime to fizzy water.

Is that not just 7-up ?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

vicwatson wrote: »

lol if only mate

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

vicwatson wrote: »
    Short about a hundred e-numbers :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement