Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electrical adaptor

Options
  • 12-07-2011 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Does anyone know whereabouts in Cork city I might be able to pick up an electrical adaptor that will allow me to plug things into Chinese electric power sockets? I think there are 3 pins in Chinese sockets, and the live and neutral pins are angled. Tks in advance for any suggestions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭masadjie

I don't know if you need it in hurry.
    There is a world travel adapter in an online store at : http://www.custompc.ie/2-power-world-travel-adapter-54560-p.asp
    You can contact them how long it will takes to send to your home. It is irish website, so i think it can be as fast as 1 or 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 kurt largo

Ok tks, that probably will be fine as I think that the Chinese plug is the same type as the one used in Aus/NZ. Also, I'm not leaving until Aug 1, so I think that it would be safe enough to order it online from this crowd. All the same, it would be very handy if there was some place in town where I could pick one up and cross-check with some of my Chinese friends to make sure that it will do the job.

So, if no-one else has alternative suggestions, then I'll probably just buy it online on the website you have recommended, masadjie.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

I saw universal adapter packs in debenhams in Mahon a while back. Probably have them on town also. Or try argos. They are bound to have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

I saw them in Dunnes,Douglas Court yesterday. Free-standing display of all the nifty travel accessories just inside the door. Bad news is price of €26

Right, I'll check out those options in Dunnes and Debenhams and check to see if they are suitable for use in China. If an adaptor in either place is indeed above €20, then I think I will just buy the same thing on the internet. It's a shame that Dunnes charge this much for the adaptor; this is yet another example of high prices in shops that drive people like me to buy more and more items online.

Tks for all the replies, guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭cordub

MAPLAN!!!!!!

Just picked up a universal adaptor at Debenhams on Patrick St at lunchtime today for €10. Cheers guys for all the suggestions

Advertisement