Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

100 + meter rifle range

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Shane.sf

Last time I checked a paper target in the shape of a rabbit wouldn't be classified as vermin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

I know gents, it was a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Mr.Flibble

Sparks wrote: »
    The way the law is written, if your licence is for (say) rabbits, and you shoot at anything other than a rabbit (like, say a paper target or a tin can or a steel popper), even once, that could be used to haul you across the coals.

Does anyone have a license with that kind of condition on it? E.g. "for shooting vermin only" I know there are some that specify range shooting only, but are there actually any the other way round?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Mr.Flibble wrote: »
    Does anyone have a license with that kind of condition on it? E.g. "for shooting vermin only" I know there are some that specify range shooting only, but are there actually any the other way round?

The only restriction is on my pistol, I originally had a signed A4 letter from the local Inspector at the time, and on the Old licence for the shotgun about only shooting birds and hares

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

Mr.Flibble wrote: »

Mines for hunting/vermin control only. No range shooting mentioned on application.

• Advertisement
Advertisement