Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Videography.ie

Options
  • 12-07-2011 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Anyone here gotten work from these guys?

Mods please move if inappropriate.

I've been with them a few months but have a couple of issues, it's quite possible it's me but I've asked them some questions and hope to hear back from them soon.

One is I'd like to edit the type of work I get sent and can't find any way of doing this after logging into their site.

The last job I replied to twice and only after a couple of days did I get the response that the job had been taken. It seems I wasn't considered after responding immediately, which is what previously would happen.

I sometimes receive many job posts at once and then nothing for days. The conspiracy theorist in me thinks there may be a preferred list that better jobs go to first (possibly the team behind the site) and then if they don't want to do the work it's posted to the rest of us.

Anyone here use them and/or feel I'm being unfair in my concerns?

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mcpodgemeister

I just joined them to, have you gotten any work off them yet.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

interesting! maybe i should start up one of these sites instead of looking for jobs eh? :)

i havent joined it yet, it seems to be very specific, location wise! so might not really suit me anyway.
    Wouldn't mind getting some b-roll work for the experience all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭EIREHotspur

Not exactly a huge amount of jobs posted there.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭blue5

If they improve their site and maybe advertise to a wider audience, hopefully the service will improve but for the moment I find it hit and miss.

They're relying more on the revenue coming from you applying for their advertised jobs by charging you for the job. I don't know if this works on other sites but I find it off putting. If they looked at advertising as a better way of raising revenue it would work better for both client and videographer in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

i didn't realise that you had to pay them to join or quote for jobs!!

not much use then

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 yuns123

thank you for your info!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 daveallen2012

Good Point, I have been using Videography for over a year and the leads are non
    existant, I paid for the service and have been bidding for leads, the last 3 which cost me over €3.50 were all dead, one girl got back to me Via Email to say the Wedding was'nt happening , One Lead said the Wedding was the following year and my service was not needed. ?
    Not worth the Cost of Subsription. I will not be using them again.
    EastCoast Photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

Sounds quite dodge, and open to abuse. If the owners of the site were very unscrupulous they could presumably create fake job posting, have people bid & pay, then cancel the job.

At the end of the day I'd steer clear of anywhere that expects you to pay, in advance, for a job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭9wetfckx43j5rg

I was tempted to sign up. But having to pay a registration fee, and then "bid" for leads, all without any promise of work is extremely offputting. Hence I did not join. Someone should set up a free version of the site and run it on advertising instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭blue5

Needless to say I haven't put any more into it, got nothing from the site that was of any use.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Let me get this straight.... you have to pay to join AND you have to 'bid' for leads for jobs?

Not f*cking likely you'll see me anywhere near that sort of site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭9wetfckx43j5rg

Someone should make a free version of this site and run it off advertisement revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

Jaysus, these days there seems to be more job sites than actual jobs.

Advertisement