Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic - Garmin vs Tom Tom?

Options
  • 12-07-2011 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭

I need a new sat nav to replace a four year old Garmin Nuvi 660 for my mother. My main concern is reliable traffic updates, as it seems that either a Garmin 3790T or a Tom Tom Go Live 1005 will do everything else perfectly well. Which will bring her around Dublin traffic better? I've read through every thread I could find on the subject, and i'm no closer to an answer. All advice appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

In my opinion and from what I have seen live traffic from TomTom is better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Well there is a good detailed thread on the subject, it should still be here as this forum does not move at galactic speeds ... :)

But currently it's only Tom Tom who have gone live for what's worth, I've definitely read reports from users of the live Tom Tom and it's only here I read the GPS stuff.

Try a few different search options and maybe even PM the individuals who are using the system as they may not be monitoring the forum.

But all that said, traffic monitoring and traffic avoidance can only be as good as the selectable routes, if there is traffic everywhere, as there is in Dublin, the feature, whilst apparently desirable, may be mute.

Advertisement