Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which network is the best?

Options
  • 12-07-2011 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Which is the best for coverage for calls, texts and internet? I recently switched to 3 from Meteor and 3's coverage is terrible to say the least! I'm constantly turning on and off my phone so messages will send... :( I'm on pre-pay and this happens me in Wexford, Carlow and Limerick!
    • Meteor
    • Vodafone
    • Three
    • O2
    • Tesco
    • Postfone
    • Other?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭marathonic

TheJinMu wrote: »
    Which is the best for coverage for calls, texts and internet? I recently switched to 3 from Meteor and 3's coverage is terrible to say the least! I'm constantly turning on and off my phone so messages will send... :( I'm on pre-pay and this happens me in Wexford, Carlow and Limerick!
    • Meteor
    • Vodafone
    • Three
    • O2
    • Tesco
    • Postfone
    • Other?

There isn't really a 'best' network as such - you really just need to try them out where you'll expect to be using the phone most. In general, O2 and Vodafone have the better coverage in my area - as I would expect as they're the longer established network.

You've already tried Three and Meteor so you could try getting free sim's for some of the other networks if you're unhappy with Three or Meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭TheJinMu

Literally just €20 a month for the free calls and texts :P Three give €10 free on top of that too but I dont know whether it's worth it when I cant use it without tormenting my off button :P

How do you get these "free sims" you speak of? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

[/LIST]

OP if your having problems sending texts in various areas than I'd imagine your phone or sim may be faulty and not the network (This goes for all networks not just 3)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I'm constantly turning on and off my phone so messages will send... :( I'm on pre-pay and this happens me in Wexford, Carlow and Limerick!

There's something wrong with your phone not the network, it's not normal that you have to turn on and off your phone before a message will send.
    What phone are you using?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Wetai

It happens to me too (sorta). On meteor, when I roam to Vodafone, it won't send text messages - so I'd have to physically move, or switch to meteor manually so it won't switch back, just so it'll send, and then I get "Choose a network/no reception" messages :rolleyes:.

Advertisement