Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

02 to emobile

Options
  • 12-07-2011 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

i have an iphone and i am on o2's 80/month package but my bills come to around 120 a month even though i don't make that many calls.
    i am going to switch to emobile who have unlimioted calls/texts for €75/month which seems like a much better deal when my contract expires in december.

my wife is on the same plan as me and has 3 months left on her contract. she was not aware how much she was paying each month or that there were better daels. they asked her on the phone if she would like to renew and she said yes.
    is she definately tied down now for another 18 months or is there anything she can do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Not much except monitor notifications on this page to see if the T&C's of her plan change allowing her to get out of contract without penalty.
    http://www.o2online.ie/o2/legal/consumer/index.php?cid=81

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

nino1 wrote: »
    is she definately tied down now for another 18 months or is there anything she can do?

She has a 7 days cooling off period if it's gone over that there's not a lot you can do. They are also meant to post you the terms & conditions of the new contract within the cooling off period. If you didn't get them to review and maybe decline I wouldn't consider the contract complete and would argue that as you received no T's&C's the contract is null and void.
    You'll have a big argument on your hands but that's your only escape clause.

Just on emobile,, just because your spending €120 with o2 doesn't mean the €79 with emobile is the best option, have a look around you may be able to get that €79 down to €40/50 with another provider. Most people don't need unlimited but if your coming from crap o2 or Vodafone allowances you might think you do. emobile offer is still good if you need to spend that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

I tried to move over to emobile today from O2 and they refused me!!! Great way to get new customers and no reason given as to why i was refused.Pity as they were offering a good deal.select smart unlimited iphone 4 16gig..Looks like meteor is my only other option now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

em... dont shoot the messenger, but emobile and meteor are all but the same in name now that eircom have owned meteor for some time now, meteor's target demographic being the young 'uns, while they brought out the emobile "we is all serious but busy lifestyle oriented" branding to target the upwardly mobile crowd... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

I tried to move over to emobile today from O2 and they refused me!!! Great way to get new customers and no reason given as to why i was refused.Pity as they were offering a good deal.select smart unlimited iphone 4 16gig..Looks like meteor is my only other option now...
    If you were refused by Emobile then in all likelihood you'll be refused by Meteor.
    Same company, same criteria, same billing system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

Kensington wrote: »
    If you were refused by Emobile then in all likelihood you'll be refused by Meteor.
    Same company, same criteria, same billing system.

Are you sure? I know its same owners Eircom but a friend of a friend works in Meteor and said there's differences between emobile and meteor.I tweetted it the other day and got a message from eircom guy he said he'd look into it for me.

Advertisement