Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Range accessability

Options
  • 12-07-2011 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭

I hope someone can help me with this.

I recently aquirred my uncle's .22 BRNO rifle after he passed on. I am now the licensed owner of this Rifle.

I would like to know if you can just walk onto a range pay a fee and start shooting? If you can how much would the fee be? Or do you have to be a member of the range? I was thinking of trying the range at Bluebell in Offaly. Can you bring your own ammunition?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Not sure about other ranges but I'm a member at the range you mention, which is MNCSI or 'Midlands'.

You have to be a member, a guest of a member or entering an "open" competition to shoot there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

MajorMax wrote: »
    I hope someone can help me with this.

I recently aquirred my uncle's .22 BRNO rifle after he passed on. I am now the licensed owner of this Rifle.

I would like to know if you can just walk onto a range pay a fee and start shooting? If you can how much would the fee be? Or do you have to be a member of the range? I was thinking of trying the range at "The Blueball" in Offaly. Can you bring your own ammunition?

Cheers

The range is near "The Blueball" is called midlands national Shooting Centre of ireland MNSCI (The Blueball was the boundry of an old lanlords estate, and that's where the place gots it's name, from a Blue ball that was hanging from a big pole, a bit of local history :D)

You can join at the moment as they are taking on new members.
    There sometimes are open shoots for NON Members, but these are not very frequent as there is a fairly packed calander of events.
    I have been a member of MNSCI since it's earliest days and have only seen the place go from strength to strenght.

http://www.nationalshootingcentre.ie/about.html

If you can afford teh membership it is well worth it. the amount of times I see guys just go there for free advice!

Advertisement