Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cops took mates rifle.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Longranger

.243 wrote: »
    not a troll i dont think,but as tackleberry pointed out eariler we aint getting the full facts and its second hand info as the op might not be getting the full and correct story either,

I wasn't referring to the op...

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Mr.Flibble

Longranger wrote: »
    As you're not a regular poster here I'm wondering if you even shoot or hunt. Correct me if I'm wrong and I will apologise immediately,but if you don't do what we do,don't tell us how to do it...methinks I smell a troll...

Oh, how many posts do you have to make to be a hunter or shooter? Presumably somewhere between 147 & 198(?) Unless you think you're a troll yourself.

In any case, unless I'm pretty exceptional, you can't both be right. According to him I am a registered firearms owner, which would mean you're wrong.

But you could both be wrong! E.g. if not everyone on here is a registered firearms owner and if I am a shooter or hunter.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

You seem to be hung up on semantics..........
    Mr.Flibble wrote: »
    According to him I am a registered firearms owner, which would mean you're wrong.

.......... such as my use of the highlighted word..............
    Ezridax wrote: »
    . Everyone on this forum is a legal and law abiding registered firearms owner.

................... so even though i tried to clear it up with the following post .............
    So those discussing what they shot or the target shooting they done on the weekend, i would take it that they are legal and law abiding firearm owners.

.............. i will further try and explain or change my wording so you can understand. If someone on here is discussing their use of their firearm, be it for hunting, target, or any form of shooting then we all assume they are a registered firearms owner. To be so they must be legal, and have a clean (enough) record to have obtained a firearms license hence the term "law abiding".
    Mr.Flibble wrote:
    But you could both be wrong! E.g. if not everyone on here is a registered firearms owner and if I am a shooter or hunter.

If there are people on here that have possession of a firearm or firearms and do not have the appropriate license(s) then they would not be legal or law abiding. To that point i will remind you of my earlier statement .............
    Ezridax wrote:
    As with all things on this forum you take people at their word

However as no-one here has claimed to have a firearm without a license my statement still stands. Should someone come forward and claim they have a firearm, or as has happened before, try and purchase a firearm without getting a license they will have their posts removed from this forum and be instructed on the proper process to obtain a firearm. If they still persist in following their line of discussion despite warnings from either the mods or other users as to the legal route that needs to be taken to obtain a firearm they will loose posting privileges on this forum also.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

You seem to be hung up on semantics..........

Do you mean that I prefer people to say what they mean & mean what they say?

Still cannot get the hang of it eh?

I don't know how much more i can break it down for you. Maybe someone else can take a stab at it.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Think you may be wasting your time Ez. You tried! :D

i can't help it. I live to give.:cool:

( I also shouldn't rhyme, because i'm crap at it :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Longranger

Oh, how many posts do you have to make to be a hunter or shooter? Presumably somewhere between 147 & 198(?) Unless you think you're a troll yourself.

In any case, unless I'm pretty exceptional, you can't both be right. According to him I am a registered firearms owner, which would mean you're wrong.

How could I consider myself a troll?? I AM a licence holding hunter and shooter,and you still haven't clarified if you are...anyway,that's not the point. Do you have knowledge of the firearm laws or do you have a contribution to help the OP,or his friend? If you don't,please stop wasting our time with sh1te talk and let us get back to our original discussion...THANK YOU!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

i can't help it. I live to give.:cool:

Sounds kinda se*ual lol

( I also shouldn't rhyme, because i'm crap at it :D)
    lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Time to get back on subject and leave all the pedantic s and trolling alone as it benefits no one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭BELOWaverageIQ

Time to get back on subject and leave all the pedantic s and trolling alone as it benefits no one.

+1
    Surely what needs to be said has been said.. until we hear the outcome ..no ?

Thread is starting to get a bit like Sonia O Sullivan...... Just keeps running... And running .........

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Shane.sf

For god sake will ye please stop bitching!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

Could be bothered reading any more of the this, did he get the rifle back or ffukkin wha?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭jellybaby21

Could be bothered reading any more of the this, did he get the rifle back or ffukkin wha?:confused:

If you read the thread I said in my second post he got his rifle back but they kept his scope and they said its going into storage.

I don't have any update as my mate went on hols the day after this happened and is out of the country for two weeks.

ATB Wayne

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Shane.sf

My thoughts exactly!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Norwayviking

That's a curious assertion. How on earth do you know that?

Cause if you have a firearm without a license,you are breaking the law.;)
    And i cant see the point in joining this board without atleast some knowledge about target shooting or hunting for that matter,and i doubt you will get hunting license or a membership in a rifle\pistol club anywhere without a valid firearmslicense.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 von dreyse

If he is a member of the N.A.R.G.C. Des Crofton is the man to talk to.

LB6 wrote: »
    Think you may be wasting your time Ez. You tried! :D

Yes, he was trying.

Very.

• Site Banned Posts: 179 ✭✭JasonBourne

Well that thread went to nothing, no disrespect to the OP but i think were not getting the full story (even the OP might have been told a few porkies or may not) but i think there's more to this than were hearing. its a very serious thing to happen and i think there would be a massive fallout if it happened without just cause. something tells me we may not get the final outcome from this story.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Cause if you have a firearm without a license,you are breaking the law.;)
    And i cant see the point in joining this board without atleast some knowledge about target shooting or hunting for that matter,and i doubt you will get hunting license or a membership in a rifle\pistol club anywhere without a valid firearmslicense.:rolleyes:

It's possible to have an interest in the sport without actually owning a firearm though. Plus, I would imagine a lot of people would use the forum before they actually apply for their license or purchase their firearm because of the valuable information posted here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

If we've been given all the relevant facts, this would be a very serious matter. Although as others have mentioned, I couldn't be 100% sure we or the OP have all the information to hand.

That said, all may be 100% above board on the shooters side of things and it may indeed be a case of the AGS majorly overstepping the law and due process etc.

Although I can't think of any valid reason why a scope would be seized and the rifle returned?:confused:

I just wonder if there's more to this story than meets the eye, that's all. Perhaps the OP could re-post and let us all know if there's any other facts we should aware of, so we may be able to give some advice as he requested originally.

I'm also just wondering if it may be the same lads that the OP mentioned in a previous post on another thread and that maybe some other issues may be indeed involved?: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=70428915&postcount=43

• Closed Accounts Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Norwayviking

It's possible to have an interest in the sport without actually owning a firearm though. Plus, I would imagine a lot of people would use the forum before they actually apply for their license or purchase their firearm because of the valuable information posted here.

Offcourse it is,but if you have an interest in firearms,it means you atleast have had to use or tried one to have an interest in the sport,and you will not get near a firearm these days without a license.:D
    And alot is getting info here before they purchase a firearm,that includes myself.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

all the people who post here regularly are FAC holders, yes people do come for advice when they are buying or getting started in shooting but they generally come in ask their questions, get their answers and dissapear

dCorbus wrote: »
    If we've been given all the relevant facts, this would be a very serious matter. Although as others have mentioned, I couldn't be 100% sure we or the OP have all the information to hand.

That said, all may be 100% above board on the shooters side of things and it may indeed be a case of the AGS majorly overstepping the law and due process etc.

Although I can't think of any valid reason why a scope would be seized and the rifle returned?:confused:

I just wonder if there's more to this story than meets the eye, that's all. Perhaps the OP could re-post and let us all know if there's any other facts we should aware of, so we may be able to give some advice as he requested originally.

I'm also just wondering if it may be the same lads that the OP mentioned in a previous post on another thread and that maybe some other issues may be indeed involved?: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=70428915&postcount=43

I can tell you the lads I was talking about in that other thread are no mates of mine and I would have nothing to do with the likes of them.This lad is my mate and in the same gun club as me.I have all the facts in this case and I have passed them on here.

ATB Wayne

I know this is an old thread and I'm sorry I didnt keep you all updated but after a lot of going back and forward between my mate and the super he has his scope back.And as some of you said they had no grounds to take it in the first place.He got it back and thats the main thing but not even a we are sorry about that out of them, but then I never expected he would get that from them anyway.

ATB Wayne

Good to hear.

You won't get an apology, but the main thing you got your scope back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

That sort of blatant stupidity/laziness/arrogance really annoys me all they would have had to do was read the law or ring the fpu.:mad: glad everything was sorted in the end.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

Glad it was sorted but how long did it take for them to give back the scope?

Glad it was sorted but how long did it take for them to give back the scope?

Don't quote me on this but I think it was nearly 8 months before he got it back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

Thats just crazy i would be making a complaint if it were me.

Advertisement