Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Journey

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Finally got this to work, it just wasn't playing ball last night for whatever reason. Strange as I'm not doing anything different. Must have been a PSN glitch or whatever.

Downloading now. Have a half day in work tomorrow so going to pick up a few beers on the way home, sit back and enjoy this.

Go toilet, have food, lights off, phone off, volume up.

Play through fully without distraction. Will only take 1.5 to 3.5 hours max.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Goddammit. I already own those 3 games, but the commentaries, mini games, soundtracks and possible free PS Plus membership has me tempted, assuming it would work here, of course

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Daemos wrote: »
    Goddammit. I already own those 3 games, but the commentaries, mini games, soundtracks and possible free PS Plus membership has me tempted, assuming it would work here, of course

I would assume that the free PS+ is for one or three months. I doubt it's for the year.

I'm sure it's possible that TGC will release the other goodies over PSN as some point, once retail sales peak. At least, I hope so. Would love some of that stuff too but have all three games and soundtrack.

You mean they wouldn't offer something worth €50 for free with something worth €30?! I'm shocked :rolleyes:

Obviously it's only one month, it says so on the box and in the video, but isn't mentioned in the article. If it does come with it though that may be enough to persuade me to get it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Nice, I own Flower but not the other two games. Anyone know of a good site that would deliver to Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Johnny Johnson

thorbarry wrote: »
    Nice, I own Flower but not the other two games. Anyone know of a good site that would deliver to Dublin?

www.videogamesplus.ca

But just to point out, if it does come with a PS+ voucher it might only be valid for the region it's bought in, so you might need a valid account or wait for it to be released here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Daemos wrote: »
    But just to point out, if it does come with a PS+ voucher it might only be valid for the region it's bought in, so you might need a valid account or wait for it to be released here

Looks like won't be coming out in Europe:

http://m.ie.ign.com/articles/2012/06/26/journey-collection-not-coming-to-europe

Booooo

For those that are interested, you can order the Collectors Edition from thatgamecompany's website. Its only 30 Euro including first class delivery to Ireland from the USA. It will ship on 11 September.

http://store.thatgamecompany.com/en/games/20-journey-collector-s-edition.html

Also there is an interactive artbook coming as well which can be bought on Amazon later this month;

http://thatgamecompany.com/fan-art/the-art-of-journey-releases-in-september/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

If this t-shirt gets enough votes to get printed, I'll let you guys know!

http://www.qwertee.com/product/don-t-stop-believin/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

this is a good price for anyone who doesn't own these yet:

http://www.ie.wowhd.com/games/journey-collectors-edition-playstation-3/dp/30436615#bc=bc03

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Well that was absolutely brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭muff03

just spent a few fantastic hours with this game, wow, met up with someone towards the end, made the finish even better.

I keep hovering over it in my games list. I'm definitely overdue another play-through of this special game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

currently on special offer with unfinished swan. Will purchase tonight as i've got neither.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Think ill buy this too. Cant believe i haven't bought journey already and the unfinished swan sounds good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

sweetie wrote: »
    currently on special offer with unfinished swan. Will purchase tonight as i've got neither.
    Pretty good deal, more or less two for the price of one

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

That's a great deal, a definite purchase tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

I went for that deal in the store.
    The demo doesn't do this any justice.

I was pottering around trying to remember the buttons as it continued from where I left off. Some AI character was looking at me, chirping his little sound. Eventually I remembered the two buttons, jump and chirp or omit sound.
    Hold on a minute this isn't an AI character.
    This was about 11pm so I said I would follow him for a while. In work at 6am the following morning.
    He/She showed me some glyph locations and symbols. It is a Linear game to a certain extent but on your first play through it seems a lot vaster.
    Played all the way through with them, chirping into the light.
    An amazing experience of life achievement and goals.
    Was about 1:30am but it was worth it.

Second play though was with a white cloak, struggled to keep up, showed me where the flower was, never would have found it.
    Lost them at the final run up the mountain, kept omitting my sound but alas disappeared.

Amazing game, plenty more play throughs around Christmas I'd say !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭Damien360

I bought this deal for €12.99. Have'nt tried journey yet but unfinished swan gave me motion sickness. You are too close to the event. Think of your bedroom and this is the space in events take place. I used it with the PS move but I have to stop playing every half hour to give my head and stomach a rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Been getting plenty of awards in the game of the year awarding.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just started Journey. Didn't accept the T&Cs until the second section, then unaccepted them again since I decided to just complete it myself the first time around and play along with someone next time

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just started Journey. Didn't accept the T&Cs until the second section, then unaccepted them again since I decided to just complete it myself the first time around and play along with someone next time

Youre making a mistake tbh. Its more fun meeting people when you dont realise

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Youre making a mistake tbh. Its more fun meeting people when you dont realise

Yeah, I accepted to enable online play to do just that, but then once the other person started activating everything before I even started to figure out what to do, I decided I'll do all that myself. Not much sense getting a game if someone else is gonna do everything in it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭Damien360

I finished Journey in one sitting last night and it blew me away. It is more of an experience than a game. Stunning. The music alone had me hooked. I played it again this morning and finished it while the kids watched Spongebob Xmas movie and it drew me in again.

I finished Unfinished Swan also last night. It is worth it just for it's ending when he meets the king. Very well told story.

All in all, it was worth the deal on PSN for €12.99

I played through Journey a couple of days before Christmas. I think I'm going to make that a tradition going forward, actually. Anyway, my internet disconnected about a third of the way through the game so I lost my partner and although I reconnected straight away I never got another partner.

It was a different experience going alone but nowhere near as fun.

Damien360 wrote: »
    I finished Journey in one sitting last night and it blew me away. It is more of an experience than a game. Stunning. The music alone had me hooked. I played it again this morning and finished it while the kids watched Spongebob Xmas movie and it drew me in again.

I finished Unfinished Swan also last night. It is worth it just for it's ending when he meets the king. Very well told story.

All in all, it was worth the deal on PSN for €12.99

I'm halfway through Unfinished Swan!! Its a brilliant game though.

Everyone should try and get the Journey Collecters Edition. Its well worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Got the collectors edition for Christmas. Played some on Christmas Day and didn't want to put it down when dinner was ready then got back into it yesterday...absolutely amazing.

Because you don't know the name of the other person it really feels like you are getting through it together as a team, chirping away if you see something or warning them about those flying mechanical monsters. Genuinely felt bad for my friend when he got attacked by one. The section from when it is snowing feels like a real struggle and you feel determined to get to the top.

Was tempted to start playing the game from the beginning right after I finished but decided to give it a few days break before beginning the Journey all over again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Finally played this today. Played through it in on sitting, only took around two hours. Loved the whole thing, definitely going to give it another run through soon. Went through most of the game with a companion but lost them just at the end :(. It really does deserve all the praise it got, cant remember the last time I felt like that playing a game.

Advertisement