Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Phone

• 12-07-2011 5:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭

Just looking at UPC's 25 cent deal http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056315854

At the moment I'm on 20 meg broadband so thinking of upgrading to 50 meg and getting the phone too. Just have a few questions about their phone.

Do they just send out a new modem and phone for self install or will they set it up?

Our broadband's in a bedroom and from what I've read the phone must be plugged into the modem, so how do you go about setting up phones downstairs? And can I still use my old eircom phones with UPC?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,484 ✭✭✭Nollog

They're normal dect phones with a normal phone connection.
    So long as you have a really long phone cable, or a wireless dect expander or whatever marketing word they use for a repeater, then sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

For the self install they just send out the modem, and you will need a new one as the 50Mb is faster than the older modems can handle.

As for the phone line, if you have a phone connection up in your room then you can disconnect the internal phone circuit from the external eircom line at the master socket and then plug in the modem to the phone sockets instead. Unless one of your handsets are really really old they should work in the same fashion as they did with eircom.

The phone they send out is wireless also, so you could just use that instead.

Advertisement