Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Miss-Sold Eircom contract

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 dublinjackine

Is there going to be something done about my situation as its been since May i logged the complaint and nothing so far yet has been done. And i have no broadband at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Is there going to be something done about my situation as its been since May i logged the complaint and nothing so far yet has been done. And i have no broadband at all

Thanks dublinjackine and apologies for the delay.

I have sent you a PM on this.

Best regards,
    Ant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Thanks dublinjackine and apologies for the delay.

I have sent you a PM on this.

Best regards,
    Ant

Hi dublinjackine,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I have been looking into the issue and there are a few additional trial line promotions that in conjunction with the standard 6 month discount would equate to the charges you outlined.

I am following up with a manager in ours sales team to confirm what was applied on your order and I will get back to you soon.

Thanks, Mark

Il just resurface this thread again, the situation at the moment is i have no landline connection or internet as they have been both disconnected, I was dealing with <snip> in customer service and three Eircom agents on forum and my issue still is not resolved.
    Will somebody please ring my phone to solve this i need my phone back working

please if your going to reply you need more private message details, then i dont want to waste anymore of my time, i just want someone to resolve the matter

• Advertisement

just been on hold for 3 hours now with the phone on speaker been passed from department and no reply from a eircom rep on this forum, I know where i stand

just been on hold for 3 hours now with the phone on speaker been passed from department and no reply from a eircom rep on this forum, I know where i stand

Hi dublinjackine

Thanks for taking my call, I will follow up with you on Monday.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭tucker1971

I was also mis-sold a contract, been told by their foot seller that it was 20 euro per month for as long as we wanted.

However, come June our bill suddenly went up to €48, and has been like that for subsequent bills.
    We have been calling Eircom and it is like bashing our heads against a wall.
    In the meantime, they have cancelled our internet connection yet wont close the account!
    We probably only use the internet for a few hours a week, so I think the pay as you go modem is better value.

This selling of false contracts is not on, and I demand answers.

tucker1971 wrote: »
    I was also mis-sold a contract, been told by their foot seller that it was 20 euro per month for as long as we wanted.

However, come June our bill suddenly went up to €48, and has been like that for subsequent bills.
    We have been calling Eircom and it is like bashing our heads against a wall.
    In the meantime, they have cancelled our internet connection yet wont close the account!
    We probably only use the internet for a few hours a week, so I think the pay as you go modem is better value.

This selling of false contracts is not on, and I demand answers.

Hi tucker1971,

Can you send me a PM with the account number and the exact package you were sold and the name of the agent (if possible)

And I will look into it for you.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark did you get a chance to look into that on Monday? I have heard nothing so far!

• Advertisement

Hi Mark did you get a chance to look into that on Monday? I have heard nothing so far!

Hi dublinjackine,

I am very sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I just want to insure you I have issued the credit for the promotion on the account.

In relation to the first bill the reason that the local and nation calls were charged is because the Talktime bundle package is never applied on the first bill.

The telephone line and account was connected with eircom on the 08/05/12. The first bill was issued on the 15/05/12.

So generally it works out cheaper to charge line rental in advance for the month and then charge the calls for those seven days separately.

However the correct bundle has been applied and the credit has been applied and will be on the next bill.

Thanks, Mark

Hi dublinjackine,

I am very sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I just want to insure you I have issued the credit for the promotion on the account.

In relation to the first bill the reason that the local and nation calls were charged is because the Talktime bundle package is never applied on the first bill.

The telephone line and account was connected with eircom on the 08/05/12. The first bill was issued on the 15/05/12.

So generally it works out cheaper to charge line rental in advance for the month and then charge the calls for those seven days separately.

However the correct bundle has been applied and the credit has been applied and will be on the next bill.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark, can you get in touch with me when you gat a chance thanks

Hi Mark, can you get in touch with me when you gat a chance thanks

Hi dublinjackine,

I tried to call you on your mobile, unless you would prefer to PM the query? I have been going through your case in detail from the start to refresh my memory.

Thanks, Mark

Hi all, I feel very let down by the way my complaint has been handled apart from been on this forum the phone trying to get this issue resolved i am told now from a Eircoms point of view that the matter is closed and Comreg can not take my complaint any further and I'm to seek legal advice, Although i got a credit on my account I am not on the package I originally signed up for so now going forward I am paying more than what I should, and also if i want to terminate the misold contract i would have to pay early release fee, just to let people know be very careful what you sign for even though your in the right, I WOULD ADVISE TO ANYONE NEVER TO DO BUSINESS WITH EIRCOM:mad:

Hi all, I feel very let down by the way my complaint has been handled apart from been on this forum the phone trying to get this issue resolved i am told now from a Eircoms point of view that the matter is closed and Comreg can not take my complaint any further and I'm to seek legal advice, Although i got a credit on my account I am not on the package I originally signed up for so now going forward I am paying more than what I should, and also if i want to terminate the misold contract i would have to pay early release fee, just to let people know be very careful what you sign for even though your in the right, I WOULD ADVISE TO ANYONE NEVER TO DO BUSINESS WITH EIRCOM:mad:

Hi dublinjackine,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I had to look into the two complaints you logged this month.

As Per the previous cases with us I issued a credit of €78 exc Vat or €95 Inc Vat which was to which in conjunction with the standard promotional discounts you received brought the bill down to the promotional price for the promo time -frame.

In relation to moving provider with no contract penalty, as the matter has been logged as an official complaint. We can not re-open the investigation or reverse the decision I'm afraid.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement