Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dancing Shoes - Which version???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

why not loop the shoes - inverse the loop and desaurate the rest of the image.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

The B&W because the red strip across the bottom is a bit distracting.
    AnimalRights once posted that red's should be desaturated because they can be overpowering - that always rang true to me

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

As they are I prefer the colour. The mono is way too flat and lacking contrast.

The band at the base of the image draws my eye and detracts from it. Works better for me with that cropped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

I'd leave the red but desaturate it a little.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭chevron

why not loop the shoes - inverse the loop and desaturate the rest of the image.
    Have no idea what you mean by Loop the shoes

Kev, CabanSail & Eirebear - i Never thought cropping out red band or desaturating it.

Her they ere with all suggestions taken onboard

Everyone appears to agree with colour - even if the chose B&W it was because of the red band.

Cropped
    5931423216_be4ca873e6.jpg
    Dancing_Shoes_Cropped by DunnePhotography, on Flickr

Desaturated
    5931423796_e6cfdaf5ba.jpg
    Dancing_Shoes_desat by DunnePhotography, on Flickr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

I think the desaturated one is better now, you lose some perspective without that foreground in the cropped version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭chevron

Thanks Guys and Gals, Desaturated version it is so :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

My 2 cents: white sock on light blue background makes impression that part of the leg is missing :eek:

Advertisement