Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry Curve or Nokia E5

Options
  • 12-07-2011 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭

Wondering if anyone could help me with deciding which is better, I'm terrible at choosing new phones. My last one was a Samsung touch screen & I've decided I dislike touch screens a bit.

Looking at the Blackberry 8520 Curve and the Nokia E5.

I've already seen the thread on how to decide but I'd like some opinions if I can get them.

I want a keypad phone, for texting/calls, nothing fancy, reliable. So that's why I like the look of these two.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

If you can afford it I'd go with a Blackberry 9300. If not then the 8520 is decent but it lacks 3g which the 9300 has.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

had both the 8520 and the E5. If you don't mind the E5's fugliness and don't need BBM, then I'd go for the E5.
    It's got 3G, is very sturdy, has great battery life. And I don't like the fiddly optical d-pad on the BB - though, granted, that is personal preference.
    Imho, there are better apps for the E5 also - not too mention the ones already build into the OS. The 8520 is not a bad phone for it's price and I like the BB OS, but overall the E5 wins. (well, it's uglier LOL ).
    Personally, I find the more expensive Curve 9300 doesn't offer much - 3G aside - to justify the much higher price.

But again, if BBM is useful to you, go for the curve.
    Email-wise - another BB "forte" -, the E5 is also better than the BB. Not to mention the free Ovi SatNav thar comes with the Nokia.

Advertisement