Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice about rent allowance in Galway

Options
  • 12-07-2011 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

I hope I'm posting this in the right place, i'm just looking for some advice. I recently had a baby and applied for rent allowance in May. Had to apply to go on housing list which took 2 months for me to be assessed. I was prepared to have a long wait, but I got the letter from the housing office 2 weeks ago and handed it into the community welfare officer. I had already handed in all the other forms and information for the rent allowance back in May. But 2 weeks later and still no sign of rent allowance. I called in last week and rang twice today, they just keep saying that they will sort it out, that they need to ring my landlord etc but I feel like they are fobbing me off. I am getting stressed now as I've had to wait so long, and with a new baby its extra hassle. has anyone else in Galway experience of waiting ages for rent allowance, once everything has been handed in? I thought once they had all the information they needed it would be processed in a week or so. I know a friend of mine was only waiting a week once she handed everything in. any advice is much appreciated

Advertisement