Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgraded website to WP3.2 - now its broke!

Options
  • 12-07-2011 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

I'm getting this error after I upgraded to WP 3.2 tonight

Fatal error: Call to undefined function require_wp_db() in E:\domains\k\kildareleisure.ie\user\htdocs\wp-settings.php on line 269

I searched around the web and I seen it has happened before to some people with previous updates. Their was mention of fixing it via FTP but thats where I start to get lost.

If someone could point me in the right direction that would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

grodge wrote: »
    I'm getting this error after I upgraded to WP 3.2 tonight

Fatal error: Call to undefined function require_wp_db() in E:\domains\k\kildareleisure.ie\user\htdocs\wp-settings.php on line 269

I searched around the web and I seen it has happened before to some people with previous updates. Their was mention of fixing it via FTP but thats where I start to get lost.
    You could try upgrading to WordPress 3.2.1, released yesterday.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, post the link where you say "fixing it via FTP".

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭grodge

I got a web dev friend to fix it for me. Said when I did the automatic upgrade some of the folders didnt transfer over or something.

Thanks for the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

If this happens to anyone else, a good place to start is by downloading the zip file of the latest version from WordPress.org, unzipping, then FTPing it up to your server, overwriting the existing WordPress install. It will only overwrite WordPress itself - any customisations you've had made, your configuration, etc, will remain intact*. Once everything has uploaded and overwritten, try logging in again - should work now.

* Assuming you haven't customised the core WordPress files, which is not a good idea.

Advertisement