Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5kWh 24/7

Options
  • 12-07-2011 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Is there are special package for this kind of power? Looking to see how I can reduce my costs.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi euser1984,

Do you mean 5 kWh over the entire 24 hour period? (1 kWh, or 1 kilowatt hour, is equal to 1 unit - see here for what 1 unit equates to, in terms of appliance usage).

If it's 5 kWh over a 24 hour period, that would result in usage of 120 units per week. If it's 5 kWh, or 5 units, every hour of every day, then that would result in a weekly usage of 840 units per week, which is obviously significantly more. I would recommend you have a Nightsaver meter installed if that's the case - the electricity unit price would be cheaper by 51% in the hours from midnight to 9am (or 11pm to 8am in wintertime).

I'm assuming you're a domestic (rather than commercial) customer, and that this 5 kWh 24/7 refers to overall consumption? (Or is it just one appliance?)

Thanks,

David.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭euser1984

Hi euser1984,

Do you mean 5 kWh over the entire 24 hour period? (1 kWh, or 1 kilowatt hour, is equal to 1 unit - see here for what 1 unit equates to, in terms of appliance usage).

If it's 5 kWh over a 24 hour period, that would result in usage of 120 units per week. If it's 5 kWh, or 5 units, every hour of every day, then that would result in a weekly usage of 840 units per week, which is obviously significantly more. I would recommend you have a Nightsaver meter installed if that's the case - the electricity unit price would be cheaper by 51% in the hours from midnight to 9am (or 11pm to 8am in wintertime).

I'm assuming you're a domestic (rather than commercial) customer, and that this 5 kWh 24/7 refers to overall consumption? (Or is it just one appliance?)

Thanks,

David.

Yes it's 840 units per week. I was thinking of the nightsaver alright but I thought there could be a commercial option I could use. I have a registered company - thanks.

Hi euser1984,
    euser1984 wrote:
    ...I thought there could be a commercial option I could use. I have a registered company...

In that case, I would recommend you explore the commercial options available. You can request a callback, or, if you have your account details to hand, request a quote, and a member of our business team will be in touch with you at a time that suits.

Thanks,

David.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭euser1984

Hi euser1984,

In that case, I would recommend you explore the commercial options available. You can request a callback, or, if you have your account details to hand, request a quote, and a member of our business team will be in touch with you at a time that suits.

Thanks,

David.

Hi David,
    I did try ringing them but they need me to fill out a form. I was hoping they might be able to give me some idea of price.

Hi euser1984,

Is this the form you mean?

Our business team would be committed to giving you an accurate and reliable quote, so there is a minimum of information they would need in order to do this.

If you like, PM me your details (account number, contact number and date of birth for data protection), and I'll discuss it further with my business team colleagues.

Thanks,

David.

• Advertisement
Advertisement