Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South side luas park and ride

Options
  • 12-07-2011 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi,I will be driving from Wexford and staying for two nights near St Stephens green,I dont want to drive into the city and was thinking of leaving the car in a park and ride on the south side.Could anyone recommend a site that's easy to get to and is safe to leave a car in.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

stephens green is in the city so you may be better just leaving your car where you are staying and walk in.
    do you mind me asking where (the area) you are staying

• Registered Users Posts: 9,691 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

If you have free parking with the hotel you are staying in you would be nuts not to drive in. It's easy to drive through the city to be honest, just have a good look at your route, post up here if you need help about the route.

(I haven't a clue about the park and ride, sorry)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

There is no route. Wexford -> Dublin on N11, brings you right into Stephen's green!

Traffic isn't heavy these mornings as the schools are out, but if it's just that you just hate driving in Dublin (understandable), I'd suggest heading in as far as UCD Belfield and parking outside the Montrose Hotel. It's free and as safe as parking in any Luas P&R. Then you can get any bus from UCD into town, 145, 46A amongst others bring you to Stephen's Green and are very frequent.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭omega666

smalltalk wrote: »
    Hi,I will be driving from Wexford and staying for two nights near St Stephens green,I dont want to drive into the city and was thinking of leaving the car in a park and ride on the south side.Could anyone recommend a site that's easy to get to and is safe to leave a car in.

Thanks in advance.

Stillorgan or Sandyford Luas stop, Not too far off the N11, Plently of parking and 20 mins into the city centre on the luas. 4 euro for 24 hours to park i think.

Advertisement