Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Northern Holidaymakers

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭In The Sticks

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    Wow .. youd think in this day & age people would be doing all they can to encourage tourists to come to our county instead of moaning about them!

I wouldn't encourage those type into Donegal at all, nothing but trouble in Bundoran during the summer, any northerners who travel further than Bundoran seem to have manners when they are on holidays,
    Some lout from Belfast got arrested few weeks ago for smashing sombody over the head with a bottle in Bundoran, he was brought to a special sitting of the court the next morning and fined what ever he had in his pocket...which was E4.37c, this is what you are up against, they come down with no money and cause complete havoc. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭killerbeg

so this is how we should evaluate everything now? How good are the Northeners, Southerners, Americans, Germans, Swiss, Russians etc. for the economy?

You see I don't understand this type of thinking. Why do you choose to interpret this as some kind of sweeping moral position. I think the discussion is about whether NI visitors are a boon to the local economy not how we should choose to evaluate 'everything'.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I wouldn't encourage those type into Donegal at all, nothing but trouble in Bundoran during the summer, any northerners who travel further than Bundoran seem to have manners when they are on holidays,
    Some lout from Belfast got arrested few weeks ago for smashing sombody over the head with a bottle in Bundoran, he was brought to a special sitting of the court the next morning and fined what ever he had in his pocket...which was E4.37c, this is what you are up against, they come down with no money and cause complete havoc. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
    This is the type of post that is not welcomed in this thread or anywhere on the Donegal forum. A one month ban has been applied.

And I am sending out a clear message here and now to anyone else who harbors any notions that they can insult and tarnish the good name of the majority of NI visitors to this county - you are not welcome here in this forum

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Firblog

Looks as though that's ended the thread...

Reminds me of the old adage ' if you can't say something good about someone, don't say anything bad ' an obviously...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Firblog wrote: »
    Looks as though that's ended the thread...

Reminds me of the old adage ' if you can't say something good about someone, don't say anything bad ' an obviously...

You've been warned on thread already about this.... you should heed your own advise "if you can't say something good....". If you have a gripe / disagreement with a mod decision PM the mod. Ban applied.

And to repeat what Muffler said, were all for letting people have their say good or bad, but when it resorts to generalised anti northern comments they won't be allowed, simple's, you can put your point across without the need to be abusive too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭mamakevf

Jeez lads, I really find this thread sad and appalling, if only yee's had ****ing problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Durnish

A cheerful pic, to round up.

IMG_0105.jpg

Visitors, enjoying themselves peacefully at Rosbeg, shrimp nets in hand.

The only blot, below the horizon, is the grain of sand stuck in my little Cannon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

mamakevf wrote: »
    Jeez lads, I really find this thread sad and appalling, if only yee's had ****ing problems.

+1
    here here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭DoneDL

I was going to avoid this thread because of its negativity, was in the north yesterday buying a car and had a chat with the owner and mechanic. They both used to come south on regular occasions but stopped because they found it too expensive to bring their families down. The wife and I went round the corner for a coffee so that the insurance transfer would kick in, the prices in the cafe easily proved their point. What Donegal needs is a total review of facilities and services to attract tourists and provide a localised benefit to the community while limiting the negative impact.

Durnish, nice picture, speaks a thousand words

Advertisement