Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

9.30PM Weather this evening 12/7

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

First of all I'm entitled to my opinion as much as anyone is.

Secondly, I don't have any problem with Met Eireann as an organisation, and I'm not one of these idiots who blames them for bad weather.

Thirdly, to claim you must be insane not to admire E.C. is complete nonsense.

Fourthly, I would be delighted if someone could perform Statistical Analysis on errors made by M.E. presenters.

I never realised E.C. had such a hard core following, they say you learn something new everyday, and while I did learn that E.C. messed up another broadcast, it wasn't a new experience for me.

This is so ridiculous i wasn't even going to bother replying, but i'm just going to say that i'm 95% sure that she isn't responsible for getting the graphics to work,so it's really got nothing to do with her whether they appear or not, she delivers the bloody forecast, shes not a technician!

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

This is so ridiculous i wasn't even going to bother replying, but i'm just going to say that i'm 95% sure that she isn't responsible for getting the graphics to work,so it's really got nothing to do with her whether they appear or not, she delivers the bloody forecast, shes not a technician!

...and she delivered another top forecast again this evening...with or without graphics she is the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭LimerickBishop

I wish you hadn't bother replying too. Who is responsible for having the computer up and running? The presenter? Or the sound guy? Or the lighting guy?

She's not a dollybird with no scientific background. She is a meteorologist as far as I know, and well qualified to know how to have her computer up and running ready for her broadcast. You know, like when you deliver a final year project presentation or sales presentation, you have prepared for it properly, She's doing it over 20 years now on tv, should be able to do it blind at this stage.

Glad to hear she got it right, hope someone told her to have her computer up and running in future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

I wish you hadn't bother replying too.

Now, IMO, this is incitement, I'm reporting your post for observation.

gbee wrote: »
    Now, IMO, this is incitement, I'm reporting your post for observation.

I agreed with your thoughts at a particular point in time, and you call this incitement? Get a grip on reality.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

I agreed with your thoughts at a particular point in time, and you call this incitement? Get a grip on reality.

The point is thus: You can agree or disagree, absolutely. But to then come after the point again, well this is the part that is encouraging a response that is cleverly crafted to elicit a reaction.

It transcends having a difference of opinion and debating the differences.

gbee wrote: »
    The point is thus: You can agree or disagree, absolutely. But to then come after the point again, well this is the part that is encouraging a response that is cleverly crafted to elicit a reaction.

It transcends having a difference of opinion and debating the differences.

Well, why bother say what you were going to do if you haven't done it? I could say I was going to say X and ended up saying Y, and if it transpired X turned out to be a better option, then anyone could say I was silly not to proceed with X. So, the moral of the story is, why should someone say they were going to do something and then not do it, and then get upset at someone who agreed that they should have decided on sticking with X?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Ok, this thread is getting ridiculous at this stage. Evelyn's PC did what most peoples' PCs do at one time or another - it crashed at the most inopportune time. She gave the forecast without graphics, and by most accounts did a good job. LimerickBishop thinks otherwise and she should be sacked. End of story.

Let's not turn this into a tit-for-tat.

Mod edit: off topic post deleted. LimerickBishop - don't post on this thread again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Lads, LimerickBishop has been asked not to post on this thread, and therefore can't reply. Please don't address any posts to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

LimerickBishop has been banned from the forum for a while to cool his jets and hopefully return as a new man.

Don't expect any responses to your points to him for a wee while. Other than that work away lads!

Cheers

DrG

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

mod edit: you've been told to drop it. Final warning

Advertisement