Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Fire Brigade Recruiting This Year?

• 12-07-2011 10:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭

I've heard a rumour that DFB will be recruiting some time this year. Trouble is, I heard the rumour around this time last year and it's already July with no sign. Anyone got any update?

This was originally posted here in Work & Jobs.
    doiteain wrote: »
    Dublin Fire Brigade currently have a recruit panel live until May 2010, decision will be made in May whether to keep the panel active or to start a fresh recruitment drive. Currently there are 110 Members left on the panel.

Should the decision be taken to keep the panel live, a class will be recruited from the 110 members mid-late summer 2010. I would imagine that the class numbers will be appx 50 with Class 4, the same in 2011.

Seems to indicate the rumour was correct. Any more info on this would be greatly appreciated, hoping it'll be soon but not so soon I don't get a chance to do the laser on my Eyes first. :cool:

Cheers Lads!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Paulzx

Not a hope in hell will DFB be recruiting a new panel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭bono_v

It'll will be 2013 at the earliest by the time DFB recruit again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 upthestairs

Hi. I'm new to this forum. I am a Canadian looking at joining the fire service.....any advice on number of candidates, how the process works and how frequent recruitment drives are?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Just so I know now since it'll be a while before they recruit again, what's the driving licence requirement for the DFB? Is it a D licence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Thepredator

Going on the requirements for the last recruitment its just a Cat B you need. D is a bus/coach licence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Paulzx

Just so I know now since it'll be a while before they recruit again, what's the driving licence requirement for the DFB? Is it a D licence?

Has always been class B unless it changes the next time

Advertisement