Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disposable Barbeques - Where to get cheap cheap

• 12-07-2011 10:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭

Hope this is the right forum.

Paid 3.99 for one of these today (was sort of railroaded !) but won't do it again.

Anyone know where to pick them up cheaper than 3.99 a pop?

I heard Lidl do them every so often but haven't seen them recently.

TIA

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

DIY! A steel bucket with a chicken wire grate will do the trick :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

I bought one for €2 in one of those eurosaver ("pound shops") stores, not fantastic but did the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

DIY! A steel bucket with a chicken wire grate will do the trick smile.gif

Yes but the reason I like them is that they have charcoal in them and the touch paper that lights the charcoal really handy, the lump bricquettes just take forever to light.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

vicwatson wrote: »
    Yes but the reason I like them is that they have charcoal in them and the touch paper that lights the charcoal really handy, the lump bricquettes just take forever to light.
    Peg in an ordinary firelighter or two, then the charcoal. Every bit as quick as the disposable ones and you are being more environmentally friendly. And a bag of good charcoal will only cost you a fiver. And you will get about 6 barbies from a bag. And you will have a DIY, portable, reusable barbecue.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Peg in an ordinary firelighter or two, then the charcoal. Every bit as quick as the disposable ones and you are being more environmentally friendly. And a bag of good charcoal will only cost you a fiver. And you will get about 6 barbies from a bag. And you will have a DIY, portable, reusable barbecue.tongue.gif

Is barbequeing per se environmentally friendly ?

I don't want to do this as those compressed charcoal take forever to light. Disposable - 20 mins to cooking, Normal Barbie - up to 1 hour.

So it's Disposable for me !:)

• Advertisement

I don't want to do this as those compressed charcoal take forever to light. Disposable - 20 mins to cooking, Normal Barbie - up to 1 hour.

Charcoal is a carbon neutral way of cooking, although the firelighters wouldn't be carbon neutral.
    Less than 20 mins with the method above. Guaranteed. Race yah :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

I've found it to be the other way around in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭LimerickBishop

Anyone know who sells the best value charcoals? I was thinking since the summer is more or less a washout, shouldn't the big chains like woodies, b&q etc be cutting their prices and selling off stock cheaply?

Anyone know who sells the best value charcoals? I was thinking since the summer is more or less a washout, shouldn't the big chains like woodies, b&q etc be cutting their prices and selling off stock cheaply?
    You would think that, but it has increased in price lately €5 up to nearly €7 :eek:

Advertisement