Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My crappy garden is.....................

Options
  • 12-07-2011 10:43pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭

....................no more.Thanks god.

Fair play to my better half for getting stuck in and getting it transformed.Ive lost her to the garden now.:D
    She has done all the work (except for the wall building) and not afraid to get stuck in and do the really heavy stuff too.Lifting and cutting old reclaimed and also new railway sleepers isnt a problem for her,using walk along turf cutters and rotivators isnt a problem either,she actually loves it.

Still a work in progress,but getting there.:)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Some more.Multi stem birch and hornbeams.Raised sleeper bed area.

Making progress now.Mypex used under paving and sand to make weed barrier.
    Paving brick driveway and garden starting to take shape now.:)

Soil added into raised bed,mixed extra compost,manure,fertiliser pellets (pellets are where hornbeam is planted).

Mypex membrane again used to create weed barrier and filed over with layer of bark mulch.Mypex is the propper stuff,avoid that crappy stuff on a small roll from the likes of Woodies and BnQ,as its useless.

Good use of an old oak tree trunk/stump too.:)

Was going to get a large slate monolith,but when myself and my girlfriend saw this tree stump,we rekoned it had a new home and a new use in the garden.

More pics to follow,as its still kind of an ongoing project of herself..:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Rinker

Great job. It looks great and should continue to do so after all the ground preparation.

Rinker wrote: »
    Great job. It looks great and should continue to do so after all the ground preparation.

She spent 2 full days prepping the soil and hand picking the stones out of it too.Then mixing it and rotivating it too.I would not have the patience to do that,that would wreck my head in fact.

Its amazing what a bit of hard work and imagination can do,in this day and age.

Anyone can do this themselves,you just have to have the self belief and will to do it.

Just thought Id post and share the pics for any budding diyers/gardeners out there.Hope it helps.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

Well done Paddy and Mrs Paddy.

Looks like a job very well done.

Thanks for sharing

dfbemt wrote: »
    Well done Paddy and Mrs Paddy.

Looks like a job very well done.

Thanks for sharing

I only made the tea and took the pics.It was very tough on me though.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Paddy you have a great woman. Setting up your fish tank and doing the garden :D
    Garden looks great btw.

rhonin wrote: »
    Paddy you have a great woman. Setting up your fish tank and doing the garden :D
    Garden looks great btw.

Thanks,ah shes a keeper so.Shes on a shopping trip tomorrow for more plants and ferns,to a few garden centers that she deals with a bit.:)

Front garden should be finsihed this weekend.

Just to do the back garden now (hopefully).

Advertisement