Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where has the tommy farrrells thread gone?

Options
  • 13-07-2011 8:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

where has the tommy farrrells thread gone? Why is it missing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Most likely just deleted rather than locked. The mods will delete anything bad being said about a business or person without proof (maybe even with proof) because of a fear of being sued.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭tbayers

And unfortunatly the moderator of said thread won't reply giving his reasons as to why it was deleted, typical!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I didn't delete the thread but I'll answer the question. Yes the thread was deleted as it was making accusations about a business. Now, surely it's fairly obvious that we can't allow anyone to post up anything that would be damaging without a link for proof. Let's say you tbayers own a shop and I wildly post up that you are selling drugs to kids you wouldn't be very happy would you? Some might say you'd be within your rights to sue Boards and the person who started the thread.

BTW don't post here again if you have a problem. PM one of the MODS or start a thread over in feedback. I'm going to close this thread now. Cheers

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Mod Note

Just to clarify. No moderator locked or removed the thread. It was done by an administrator, and was the correct call. If I had been online, I would have done the same. You were contacted, tbayers, by the said administrator.

You cant post up accusations without proof and to be honest those accusations were false, at least in my opinion as a regular. Its an old wives tail as far as I am concerned and I don't like anybody coming on here, especially someone who just registers to post and what seems like a hidden agenda, and trying to damage a business and its reputation.

If you have proof, do something about it. Posting on Boards isn't doing something about it.

Feel free to contact myself or ziedth about this over PM and we can discuss it further with you. I'm sure the admin in question is up the walls with other work and personal life, so we will happily deal with any queries for you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement