Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Insurance needed for one month

Options
  • 13-07-2011 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

My car insurance expires at the end of this month and I am emigrating at the end of August. Does anyone know of any company that offers short term car insurance? My own company have said I would have to pay the premium for the year and then they will refund money after I have left but to be honest I'd prefer not to do this as I need all the money I can get together for travelling. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

No insurance company offer short term policies.

The 2 options are to renew then cancel it when leaving(which is a pain and will be subject to cancellation fees)

or

You may be able to get your vehicle added as a temporary additional vehicle on someone elses policy (depending on their insurer this may be possible) and get yourself put as a named driver on their policy so you and your car are covered.

The main problem with this is that it will go under short term cover rates (if it can be done at all) which are pretty pricey and you may also be charged extra as an additional driver.

Neither are easy options tbh.

Advertisement