Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boxes for shipping

Options
  • 13-07-2011 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭

Having searched I'm finding it hard to get an answer to the following.

Where is the best place to get a decent sized box or 2 for sending a few things to Australia? Probilly gonna have about 30kg. I was thinking about going tesco to see would they just hand over a few used ones. Not sure if that would be a problem with customs due to the chance they may have held food stuffs!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Gregsor

NoelAPM wrote: »
    Having searched I'm finding it hard to get an answer to the following.

Where is the best place to get a decent sized box or 2 for sending a few things to Australia? Probilly gonna have about 30kg. I was thinking about going tesco to see would they just hand over a few used ones. Not sure if that would be a problem with customs due to the chance they may have held food stuffs!

Your dead right,customs would be querying the previous use of the boxes and harmful contaminants etc in them.
    Just go to An Post or Eason's who do varied size boxes probably up to your requirement.
    I have used a variety of used cardboard boxes in transport to and from OZ but all have either been pallet and or container shipped and i have never had trouble,the smaller ones though through the post service may cause you hassle.

Advertisement