Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water turned off, anybody the same?

Options
  • 13-07-2011 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hey everybody,

Just checking if anybody is experiencing water shortages today, particularly in the greater Portarlington area? Our water went off last night and failed to come back on.

Its a right pain, but I wanted to check around before I called the council.

Feedback is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭portgirl123

just came back from my parents in portarlington and while their water isnt off it may as well be, the pressure is so low the tank upstairs has emptied and the washine machine cant feel. they always have this problem. its a pain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

I do know they are working on some of the leaks from last winter so in the long run it might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Keggers Senior

just came back from my parents in portarlington and while their water isnt off it may as well be, the pressure is so low the tank upstairs has emptied and the washine machine cant feel. they always have this problem. its a pain

Yeah, we've been having the same problem. That's why I was asking around.
    I do know they are working on some of the leaks from last winter so in the long run it might help.

That's fine with me. I just wish they'd give some notice about it.

Problem seems to have solved itself, everything is working again. Thanks for the feedback guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Yeah, we've been having the same problem. That's why I was asking around.

That's fine with me. I just wish they'd give some notice about it.

Problem seems to have solved itself, everything is working again. Thanks for the feedback guys!

Could have been announced on radio 3 or the like.........but i don't listen

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Keggers Senior

Could have been announced on radio 3 or the like.........but i don't listen

I had thought that might be the case, but not a whiff of it all day. In any case, it was only off for two or three hours.

If it had been ten or eleven hours, well, THAT would have been a different story! :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement