Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pay as you go running track in Cork?

Options
  • 13-07-2011 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Hi I'm interested in using a track in Cork for maybe 2 x 1 hour sessions a week. Does anyone know if there are public times for the tracks in UCC/RTC?
    Tx
    CP.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭opus

The UCC track at the Mardyke is mostly closed at the moment due to the building works at the Mardyke Arena. Not sure what the story is with CIT but I know running clubs have sessions there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Probably get away with using CIT for free during the summer the place is usually deserted. I'm looking into it for a frien of mine anyway il post up what I find out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I've often ran on the CIT track without any bother (didn't pay) but if you are going to train with others etc you might want to contact them alright.
    Yep, the summer season on the CIT track is very quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭tyler71

CIT track is quiet these days ok, but if you're interested Eagle AC have sessions with no obligation to join on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6.30/7.00 to 8.00. They're a nice bunch, like yourself I was always nervous about approaching a club, but they make it very easy and I think getting into Eagle was one of the best things I've ever done for my running - there's a huge advantage in training with people of similar ability and it's a good way to ease yourself into the scene. It's fairly quiet at the moment because there's so many races on midweek, but to be honest that makes it a good time to head down and give it a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

tyler71 wrote: »
    It's fairly quiet at the moment because there's so many races on midweek, but to be honest that makes it a good time to head down and give it a shot.

it's the busiest race season of the year, check out all the BHAA races, about one every week, usually Wednesday or Thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Condo131

CIT track is quiet these days ok, but if you're interested Eagle AC have sessions with no obligation to join on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6.30/7.00 to 8.00. They're a nice bunch, like yourself I was always nervous about approaching a club, but they make it very easy and I think getting into Eagle was one of the best things I've ever done for my running - there's a huge advantage in training with people of similar ability and it's a good way to ease yourself into the scene. It's fairly quiet at the moment because there's so many races on midweek, but to be honest that makes it a good time to head down and give it a shot.
    Thanks for the plug Tyler!
    ........... Eagle AC have sessions with no obligation to join on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6.30/7.00 to 8.00...............
    Not quite :eek: ......You can try things out for a few weeks, to see if things are working out....after that we expect you to have made up your mind and join the club (€50 pa ...not earth shattering).....after all we have to hire the track!

Advertisement