Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PUCK FAIR

• 13-07-2011 11:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭

Has anyone taken their camper to the Puck Fair in Killorglan?.
    I'm wondering what the parking is like. I've used the "contact us" on their web site, but no reply yet.

Any info would be welcome thanks.:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭zoltar_boi

Has anyone taken their camper to the Puck Fair in Killorglan?.
    I'm wondering what the parking is like. I've used the "contact us" on their web site, but no reply yet.

Any info would be welcome thanks.:)

I thought, you if anybody would have done so by now , Irish "Goat" Man. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

Ha Ha:D.

It's only in the last 2 years that I've stopped having goats, so now I can get away without any problems. (got rid of the goats and the wife at the same time). FREEDOM:)

I shouldn't have started this thread.

It's made me realise how much I miss those goats.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭elaverty

Console yourself with geting rid of the wife taboot,:) theres a price to be paid for everything,,,:)

:D:D:D:D:D O.K. enough already.

Has nobody been to the Fair?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Not been in years but its completely mental used to take hours to get in and out of the town some doctor types I know were down there last year and it sounds like tis still just as mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭denmar

Campers are usually parked along the approach roads to the town - lots of campers and caravans!! Can't imagine u'd get much sleep if you were parked on the roadside there !!As far as I am aware there isn't a designated parking area for campers. If you wanted to use a camp site the Glen Ross in Glenbeigh is less thean 10 mins away and there are taxis running virtually all day and all night bewteen the two places during Puck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭noel farrell

well worth a visit i used to go every year it clashed with a rally last year so i missed out . no bother wild camping lots of caravans and camper vans , the tricky bit is getting a site off the side of the road. if you want some sleep park a fair distance out. it can be a bit mad around town at times. google safenights ireland the may have parking close by 10 euros a night .go as early as you can have a good time

Thanks folks,

As I've only a small, 2 berth camper, do any of you know what the town car parks are like?.
    It's a pain that the web site people haven't bothered to get back to me!
    I suppose that with it being so popular they don't need to worry about one individual. I hate that attitude:mad::mad:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭denmar

There is one large car park in the centre of town but that is used by the "Hurdy Gurdy" people for the bumper cars and ferris wheel etc. Anyway it has barriers normally. There is another smaller one by taking a right at the Glenbeigh road roundabout but barriers also. There is a large field on the Milltown road side of the town that is used for the horse fair. It is also used for car parking and I have seen campers parked there. Usually the entrance to the housing estates are closed off by barriers. There is a GAA field about 500 yards on the Glenbeigh/Ring of Kerry road and you could park outside that. Also if you travelled from Killarney via Beaufort to Killorglin, it is a much quieter road and you might find a spot there. There is a mobile home park outside of the town called Wests but I don't know if they do touring pitches (066) 9761240

Thanks,
    Yes I've seen the car parks shown on the web site map, what I'm waiting for is for them to let me know if a small campervan can use one of them.

I don't really want to be parked on a quiet road outside of town. For this sort of fair there could be some funny people out and about:eek:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭noel farrell

there will be lots of funny people in town to , lots of clowns giving your camper a thump at all hours for fun, one tip only park with a few other campers safety in numbers . sadly its not like the old days, people had more respect

there will be lots of funny people in town to , lots of clowns giving your camper a thump at all hours for fun, one tip only park with a few other campers safety in numbers . sadly its not like the old days, people had more respect

THis is exactly why I'm waiting for a response from the website. Part of my wording to them was regarding where campers usually park.

Thanks everybody. I'll post back if I hear from them but I'm not holding my breath.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

will puck have anything exciting this year, where are the best pubs in town for the event, i am thinking of going, as for the camper, do not park in arournd the town, i would ask a farmer if i were you, if you could park it inside some gate, how many miles out of town are you prepared to park,

goat2 wrote: »
    will puck have anything exciting this year, where are the best pubs in town for the event, i am thinking of going, as for the camper, do not park in arournd the town, i would ask a farmer if i were you, if you could park it inside some gate, how many miles out of town are you prepared to park,

Hi Goat2, I've no idea what's lined up there just thought of going there at last.
    As for parking out of town, It's not on for me as I can't walk too far and I feel it takes the edge off the occasion if you're not as near to the centre of things as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

then rign up the garda station in killorglin, to find out where you can park, tell them that you cannot walk very far, they will give you number of the organisers, so that they can help you, forget website, as they would be too busy to be sitting front of computer, i have been there in past, and it is a big event, takes alot of organising with all the different things that go on, you would be better off to phone, i am sure they will help you

goat2 wrote: »
    then rign up the garda station in killorglin, to find out where you can park, tell them that you cannot walk very far, they will give you number of the organisers, so that they can help you, forget website, as they would be too busy to be sitting front of computer, i have been there in past, and it is a big event, takes alot of organising with all the different things that go on, you would be better off to phone, i am sure they will help you

Yes I'm sure they would help me, but, I'm one of the people who believe that we need more gards out on the streets catching the criminals and bad boys and girls. If it was an urgent matter I would certainly ring them but there's no panic for this info as the fair isn't until the 10th Aug. and if I get there and find parking is a problem I just move on to one of my favourite spots, Dingle, for a few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

Hi Goat2, I've no idea what's lined up there just thought of going there at last.
    As for parking out of town, It's not on for me as I can't walk too far and I feel it takes the edge off the occasion if you're not as near to the centre of things as possible.

Check out www.puckfair.ie gives a guide to what is happening. It's a fairly lively/rough spot, the town goes mad for the 3 days. If your not too good at walking try to get parked up on the Glenbeigh road part of town as walking up from the Killarney road end up the main street is for Goats, must be one of the steepest streets in Ireland.

No1J wrote: »
    Check out www.puckfair.ie gives a guide to what is happening. It's a fairly lively/rough spot, the town goes mad for the 3 days. If your not too good at walking try to get parked up on the Glenbeigh road part of town as walking up from the Killarney road end up the main street is for Goats, must be one of the steepest streets in Ireland.

Have looked at the website (see my earlier postings) just didn't worry too much about what's on. It's a fair so in many ways, much of a muchness, except for the goats. I've tried to Google Earth Killorglin but would you believe, no coverage!.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

Have looked at the website (see my earlier postings) just didn't worry too much about what's on. It's a fair so in many ways, much of a muchness, except for the goats. I've tried to Google Earth Killorglin but would you believe, no coverage!.

Look at paddyp's first link, turn right 1 click,go down that road until you come to a crossroads (yellow truck) turn right and carry on up the street untill you come to sign posts out side the Step inn pub, that is where they put up the goat. To the right of the step inn pub is a small road that leads to the Glenbeigh road to the left.

Thanks,

Weird! When I went to Google Earth and maps - no coverage for the area. Paddyp's links - no problem.

Thanks Paddyp and No1J,

The parking area on paddyp's first link looks good.
    Looks a fair climb up Main street but not out of the question. A couple of pints of guinness at the first pub will help.:)

All being well I think I will give it a look and arrive the day before to get a parking place. I'm not tied down at all so no problem.

many thanks.

Advertisement