Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

australia working holiday visa Sayit Travel

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

How much is cheapest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Trishy_Baby

€670 for one way Cork-Melbourne incll. bank acc, visa and travel insurance!!! it was cheapest i found but open to more suggestions. Those prices were for Feb/March 2012

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Got my flights and hostel accomodation with SAYIT, did everything else myself, very helpful they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Falcon.ie

€670 for one way Cork-Melbourne incll. bank acc, visa and travel insurance!!! it was cheapest i found but open to more suggestions. Those prices were for Feb/March 2012

I priced just flights for that same period and came back with 670 euro's the cheapest for all 3 Irish Airports they have listed. And that was for various flights between the dates 16th February to the 24th of March.

So I think this is a misinformation on your part.

The below is taken DIRECTLY from the Sayit website.

Visas

Australia
    Visitors from every country apart from New Zealand need a visa to enter Oz. There are two main types of visas for tourists - a tourist visa and a working holiday visa. The main difference is that one entitles you work legally, the other doesn’t. To apply for a working visa you must be aged between 18 and 30. This visa lasts for a year from entry into the country. On this visa you can work for the entire year but it only permits you to work with any employer for no longer than 6 months. Tourist visas generally last for 3 months but longer visas can be applied for.

Working Holiday Visa only €225. 48 hr Working only €230
    Holiday Visa: €20

Insurance
    SAYIT Travel provides a very comprehensive Back Packer policy that will cover you for both your travelling and working in Australia and/ or New Zealand.

12 month Oz/ New Zealand: From €190

Tax numbers and Bank Accounts
    We at SAYIT are happy to help you set up to bank account and/ or make your initial application for your Tax File Number (Oz) or IRD (NZ).

Tax Numbers: €24.99
    Bank Accounts: €24.99

Flights

Australia & New Zealand
    The options to fly to Australia & New Zealand are varied. Everything from a simple One-way or return ticket, to complicated Round The World options, can be organised through SAYIT Travel. Stopovers in Thailand and other Asian countries or via the USA are quite popular on both types of tickets.

One-ways
    Melbourne/ Brisbane/ Sydney: From €690
    Auckland: From €730

Returns
    Melbourne/ Brisbane/ Sydney: From €1,025
    Auckland: From €1,082

Your WHV is going to be the same price across the board. You can't get around a Government charge. Sayit are charging an extra 21euro's on your WHV; We paid 204 euro's back at the start of October.

Your Tax File Number is free of charge; Sayit are charging 24.99 for this...

Same as opening a bank account. Free. Sayit again charging 24.99..

Going D.I.Y. you can sort both of these yourself. And have a choice of Banks.

End of the day Sayit are the same as USIT or any of those companies trying to make a buck from people who won't spend the 15mins-20mins filling out a few forms.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

Falcon.ie wrote: »
    I priced just flights for that same period and came back with 670 euro's the cheapest for all 3 Irish Airports they have listed. And that was for various flights between the dates 16th February to the 24th of March.

So I think this is a misinformation on your part.

The below is taken DIRECTLY from the Sayit website.

Your WHV is going to be the same price across the board. You can't get around a Government charge. Sayit are charging an extra 21euro's on your WHV; We paid 204 euro's back at the start of October.

Your Tax File Number is free of charge; Sayit are charging 24.99 for this...

Same as opening a bank account. Free. Sayit again charging 24.99..

Going D.I.Y. you can sort both of these yourself. And have a choice of Banks.

End of the day Sayit are the same as USIT or any of those companies trying to make a buck from people who won't spend the 15mins-20mins filling out a few forms.

This is all true.. can't believe people pay companies to do stuff for you that would be free otherwise

Its a good life lesson doing it yourself as well I reckon.. being self sufficient all all that! ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement