Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSE PTS?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

Yeah I'm aware of that company, my own opinions are that they would be one of the best in terms of doing the course privately

Hi Guys,

For those of you on the panel it might be of no harm to contact your local elected TD or in some cases minister, they will be able to formally enquire as to the status of this panel and what the current position is. Also its a great chance for them to get some brownie point as they can claim credit if the panel gets the green light quickly, this should be an open and shut case as the money and vehicles are already in place.

Gwan you know you want to,,,, I've already contacted the Health minister, the Jobs minister and the taoiseach, no replies yet but there pretty good for replying.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭emtally

adam88 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

For those of you on the panel it might be of no harm to contact your local elected TD or in some cases minister, they will be able to formally enquire as to the status of this panel and what the current position is. Also its a great chance for them to get some brownie point as they can claim credit if the panel gets the green light quickly, this should be an open and shut case as the money and vehicles are already in place.

Gwan you know you want to,,,, I've already contacted the Health minister, the Jobs minister and the taoiseach, no replies yet but there pretty good for replying.
    good thinking....
    where would i find their email addresses?
    ta....

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭STANDCLEAR!!!

Take a look at this article, so it looks like a certain private ambulance company is trying to stop the recruitment of ICOs.

Let's just hope they fail miserably!!

http://thecorknews.ie/articles/hiqa-investigation-underway-4373

And another bedtime story!!

http://medicalindependent.ie/page.aspx?title=transferring_priority_to_patients

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭mr.dunkey

MMM if i were a private ambulance company i would be worried about the ICS. I seen certain ambulance companies all the time transferring patients for the Health service. So instaed of the nurse ringing for a private ambulance they will prob be told to ring ambulance control, who will inturn dispatch a ICS van or if there stuck give it out to a private company. I beleive the private companies charge a fair amount for the service. WIll it save money??? Im not sure but the privates will be down for sure.

• Advertisement

mr.dunkey wrote: »
    MMM if i were a private ambulance company i would be worried about the ICS. I seen certain ambulance companies all the time transferring patients for the Health service. So instaed of the nurse ringing for a private ambulance they will prob be told to ring ambulance control, who will inturn dispatch a ICS van or if there stuck give it out to a private company. I beleive the private companies charge a fair amount for the service. WIll it save money??? Im not sure but the privates will be down for sure.

The Hse should save a fortune in the long run, It cost a friend of mine 1000 euro for a short return trip with one of these firms!! its rediculous!! The ICVs will do a couple of these a day and just over 1000 euro should pay the ICV crew for the week!

Plus being able to utilise the ICVs for other calls will totally benefit the HIQA KPIs.

As soon as this money grabbing idiot is finished his rant we should get the call!! I HOPE!! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭mr.dunkey

mr.dunkey wrote: »

The Hse should save a fortune in the long run, It cost a friend of mine 1000 euro for a short return trip with one of these firms!! its rediculous!! The ICVs will do a couple of these a day and just over 1000 euro should pay the ICV crew for the week!

Plus being able to utilise the ICVs for other calls will totally benefit the HIQA KPIs.

As soon as this money grabbing idiot is finished his rant we should get the call!! I HOPE!! :eek:

We have emergency ambos doing PTSD work all day, there be no shortage of work for the ics,

Good post stand clear

• Registered Users Posts: 42 dlanod

this all sounds to be getting very messy

dlanod wrote: »
    this all sounds to be getting very messy

Theres not much we can do about it, just keep the ear to the ground and hope there is no other issues affecting the recruitment and the HSE come out on top.

I cant see the private firm having a leg to stand on it all sounds like a dog and a bone story to me. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Thepredator

The HSE must be fairly sure of a positive outcome, given that they went through with the recruitment process and acquisition of vehicles even with this looming over them. This guy claiming that his motives are for the benefit of patients and the state purse made me laugh!!

• Advertisement

just goolge your local td and for the ministers the ministers in question are the ministers for health and the ministers for jobs, bruton and o'reilly

Hi Guys,

done...it'll be interesting when/if they reply...

• Registered Users Posts: 42 dlanod

any updates on this situation ?

Lads we all need to calm down about this. We all knew what we were getting ourselves in for. It will happen when there good and ready. There is no SITUATION

Lads we all need to calm down about this. We all knew what we were getting ourselves in for. It will happen when there good and ready. There is no SITUATION
    agreed, it'll happen. can't do any harm tho to try and find out what TDs and ministers think and can or cannot do about it.
    I got 2 replies so far, no specifics, just that they're looking into it.

emtally wrote: »
    agreed, it'll happen. can't do any harm tho to try and find out what TDs and ministers think and can or cannot do about it.
    I got 2 replies so far, no specifics, just that they're looking into it.

I got nothing and I emailed them on Friday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭Tango Alpha 51

Was at a meeting last night & we were told that like everything the HSE had out the cart before the horse ie they had interviewed & panelled people for the new ICS but that funding hadn't been secured for any positions.

buzzman wrote: »
    Was at a meeting last night & we were told that like everything the HSE had out the cart before the horse ie they had interviewed & panelled people for the new ICS but that funding hadn't been secured for any positions.
    a meeting with who?

The department of health and children endorsed the 2011 service plan and approved an additional 60 posts for the intermediate care service 40 of these posts were to be at the grade of intermediate care operative.

I will post the link of the source of this information later on. I could be wrong but this is what I have read.

All fingers are pointing to this case being brought against the HSE by money grabber ambulance service!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭Tango Alpha 51

emtally wrote: »
    a meeting with who?

Ambulance management because non implementation of an ICs affects those of us working the road paying particular regard to the strategic deployment of practionners but as this was an internal meeting I cant disclose any further what was discussed.

• Advertisement

buzzman wrote: »
    Ambulance management because non implementation of an ICs affects those of us working the road paying particular regard to the strategic deployment of practionners but as this was an internal meeting I cant disclose any further what was discussed.
    fair enough, at least it was a genuine meeting, as opposed to a meeting organised by some political pressure group...

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭999nobody

That would be a little like watching grass grow, Reilly will never give a straight answer. More of the Harney bull**** 'nothing to do with me, that's the HSE'

999nobody wrote: »

That would be a little like watching grass grow, Reilly will never give a straight answer. More of the Harney bull**** 'nothing to do with me, that's the HSE'

Reilly won't be answering it, It will be the director of the NAS. Might not be what we want to hear but at least it will be something.

999nobody wrote: »

Reilly won't be answering it, It will be the director of the NAS. Might not be what we want to hear but at least it will be something.

Has anyone been on to manorHamilton to see if they know anything

Has anyone been on to manorHamilton to see if they know anything

I was speaking to NRS today, they said they wouldn't run a campaign if funding wasn't in place and that they are still waiting on posts to come in from ambulance management. The girl also said she wasn't aware of any other problems affecting the panel, to just sit tight and we should hear something soon. I guess the whole process is probably just taking longer than management envisaged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 290 ✭✭Medic475

Th e waiting game is the worst part! Ugh!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

I was speaking to NRS today, they said they wouldn't run a campaign if funding wasn't in place and that they are still waiting on posts to come in from ambulance management. The girl also said she wasn't aware of any other problems affecting the panel, to just sit tight and we should hear something soon. I guess the whole process is probably just taking longer than management envisaged.

There's been one internal panel disbanded already in recent weeks and promotional positions on hold or not be being paid. That's two campaigns that were run and are now gone or on 'hold'.

I certainly hope the ICV situation is sorted sooner rather than later as it will free up emergency ambulances for emergency work, as well as creating employment for those on the ICV panel.

Ah yeah i'm not gonna hand in my notice in work anytime soon, just because manorhamilton said everything is grand. Just wanted to hear what they had to say for myself. Suppose all we can do is stay positive. It's only been a few weeks after all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

Ah yeah i'm not gonna hand in my notice in work anytime soon, just because manorhamilton said everything is grand. Just wanted to hear what they had to say for myself. Suppose all we can do is stay positive. It's only been a few weeks after all!

That's it, stay positive for sure. But either Manorhamilton are keeping quiet or they're being kept it the dark too.

Advertisement