Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSE PTS?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 La la lopsy

Can those of you who made the panal tell me if you had experience as in Voluntary or Privates?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Thepredator

Can those of you who made the panal tell me if you had experience as in Voluntary or Privates?

Twelve years voluntary experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Medic475

6 years with Civil Defence and 6 months with the Ambulance Service in London. And yourself? Did you make it onto the panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭STANDCLEAR!!!

16 years with a voluntary organisation it gives plenty of relevant experience to talk about.

I was told at the interview that there were 40 posts to fill immediately.
    I placed in the 30's.

Remember that there may be people on this panel who may also be on the paramedic panel, and will opt for that opportunity.

This panel will be fully used, I think. There are a load of new ICO vehicle in the Mercedes garage on the Kylemore road.

Twenty beefers ready to go and at least another ten in mutec on the kylemore rd. I know two people who placed highly on the ico but have opted for paramedic trainee instead. It makes sense to use this panel given the financial constraints the hse is under.

• Advertisement

Twenty beefers ready to go and at least another ten in mutec on the kylemore rd. I know two people who placed highly on the ico but have opted for paramedic trainee instead. It makes sense to use this panel given the financial constraints the hse is under.

Lovely, that means the jobs can be moved further down the line because of people accepting the Paramedic course aswell as people refusing jobs because of their location!
    Also, what type of wagons are they?

Medic475 wrote: »

Lovely, that means the jobs can be moved further down the line because of people accepting the Paramedic course aswell as people refusing jobs because of their location!
    Also, what type of wagons are they?

The same ones that were on the waterford ambo service facebook page. Theres a few smaller ones knockin about aswell but apparently they only realised they were too small for the job after they were bought!! Dunno if they'll be use though.

Oh yeah I saw those wagons alright. The only thing about the smaller ones you mentioned is they don't have the lights and sirens so don't know how it would work out for responding as a First Responder, Emergency etc!

I placed in the 30's.

Remember that there may be people on this panel who may also be on the paramedic panel, and will opt for that opportunity.

This panel will be fully used, I think. There are a load of new ICO vehicle in the Mercedes garage on the Kylemore road.

Were these guys already on the 2010 panel?

I placed in the 30's.

Were these guys already on the 2010 panel?

Yep, got the paramedic trainee offer in the last few days, so their not going the ico route.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 mayocyclist

I have no experience in a voluntary organisation.... Will I ever have a chance of getting onto a paramedics panel?
    Thinking of doing an Emt course in Galway, Is their much work in the private ambulance area?
    Do you think the Hse regard voluntary experience more important than an Emt with some experience of private work.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Louth EMT wrote: »
    I belive there will be a couple of weeks training. There going to want people working to NAS standards and procedurers. These standards may be higher than those in the vol's.
    Thanks for that and congrats to all those offered places.
    So, got my C1 licence this week, how long do you reckon I have to train up to EMT level before they start looking for a new panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭BabyWipes

flazio wrote: »
    Louth EMT wrote: »
    I belive there will be a couple of weeks training. There going to want people working to NAS standards and procedurers. These standards may be higher than those in the vol's.
    Thanks for that and congrats to all those offered places.
    So, got my C1 licence this week, how long do you reckon I have to train up to EMT level before they start looking for a new panel?

Depends how fast they empty it, I wouldn't put it off.

What's the story with the job offers? Since the panel goes live tomorrow will they start then I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 kwall04

I finished in the twenties on the panel, 5 years in the voluntary

• Registered Users Posts: 27 kwall04

What's the story with the job offers? Since the panel goes live tomorrow will they start then I wonder?
    From what I've been told job offers in the next week but don't know when the start date will be with training etc. will be

kwall04 wrote: »
    From what I've been told job offers in the next week but don't know when the start date will be with training etc. will be

With a bit of luck I hope we will be on the road in the next few weeks, they are running behind schedule as offers were supposed to start on the 7th February.

Can't wait to get at it!! :-)

I hope so, I reckon they will everything else has moved so quickly.

I have no experience in a voluntary organisation.... Will I ever have a chance of getting onto a paramedics panel?
    Thinking of doing an Emt course in Galway, Is their much work in the private ambulance area?
    Do you think the Hse regard voluntary experience more important than an Emt with some experience of private work.
    Cheers

My advice and I'm sure many others would advise you to join a voluntary organisation and start from the bottom, it will shape you and open your eyes as to what you are getting yourself into its not all flashy blue lights and excitement .

The paramedic qualification is not a course but a way of life and takes a lot if commitment to uphold. And is not for everyone.

From what I have seen privately trained emts with no experience are very different to those that have all the basic and intermediate first aid along with EFR. I personally see a lot of difference with these people and find them more able to work efficiently and effectively on their own initiative.

So my advice is get on the ladder and start climbing and above all make sure its what you really want! and get a c1 d1 driving licence

Good luck!! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

Cheers

My advice and I'm sure many others would advise you to join a voluntary organisation and start from the bottom, it will shape you and open your eyes as to what you are getting yourself into its not all flashy blue lights and excitement .

The paramedic qualification is not a course but a way of life and takes a lot if commitment to uphold. And is not for everyone.

From what I have seen privately trained emts with no experience are very different to those that have all the basic and intermediate first aid along with EFR. I personally see a lot of difference with these people and find them more able to work efficiently and effectively on their own initiative.

So my advice is get on the ladder and start climbing and above all make sure its what you really want! and get a c1 d1 driving licence

Good luck!! :-)

Couldn't agree with you more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Kerry EMT

Got placed in the thirties.
    I have 12 years in a VOl service, and came up through the ranks. First Course i done was an OFA then Inter, EFR & then EMT
    Joining a VOL service has been very beneficial to me, the training and experience is second to none and you also get to work with The HSE Ambulance Service and other Services.
    Well done to everyone and roll on the offers.

Anyone ring Manorhamliton to see when offers are out?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 excorp

Lads just a quick word of advise. dont expect this to happen quickly ye are now on a panel and congrats on that. but there is so much fighting going on with management and unions at the mniute over the icv's,ap deployments and the control room closeures that this is not going to happen for sometime to come. im sorry to be the bearer of bad news but dont be handing in notice at work yet.

excorp wrote: »
    Lads just a quick word of advise. dont expect this to happen quickly ye are now on a panel and congrats on that. but there is so much fighting going on with management and unions at the mniute over the icv's,ap deployments and the control room closeures that this is not going to happen for sometime to come. im sorry to be the bearer of bad news but dont be handing in notice at work yet.

Brilliant advice. It's a waiting game now and we all know there good at that

Did they not come to an agreement before the ICO recruitment with the unions??

I thought that is what held the start date up for the campaign.

Did they not come to an agreement before the ICO recruitment with the unions??

I thought that is what held the start date up for the campaign.

In all fairness they did say that the job offers would begin filtering out by the seventh. I did think that the unions had agreed to this. I think what's holding it up now is the financials and can they sustain it into the future.

Again all this is only hearsay only manorHamilton know what's going on. Has anyone been on to them

• Registered Users Posts: 14 excorp

they did but the problem is with the controllers when they close down the controls what to do with they they have two options one to go back on the road as paramedics on frontline. or two to go onto the pts alot of them have opted for the pts but now they are fighting to keep their controllers pay and allownces. aswell as the ap's not doing pts anymore there is still alot of things to sort out before they take anymore people on. also a private ambulance company have ths hse in the courts at the moment trying to get the pts so only time will tell.

they did but the problem is with the controllers when they close down the controls what to do with they they have two options one to go back on the road as paramedics on frontline. or two to go onto the pts alot of them have opted for the pts but now they are fighting to keep their controllers pay and allownces. aswell as the ap's not doing pts anymore there is still alot of things to sort out before they take anymore people on. also a private ambulance company have ths hse in the courts at the moment trying to get the pts so only time will tell.

Ya I've heard some of those points as well but maybe the powers that be might send out correspondence stating what the actual position is

I was talking to the manor there and the panel is live and they are waiting for the jobs to come in from the different regions.

They are not aware of the project being put on hold and jobs offers should start next week.

So maybe we should stop worrying about it and have a few beers to celebrate our achievements.

Well done to you all!! :-)

• Advertisement

I was talking to the manor there and the panel is live and they are waiting for the jobs to come in from the different regions.

They are not aware of the project being put on hold and jobs offers should start next week.

So maybe we should stop worrying about it and have a few beers to celebrate our achievements.

Well done to you all!! :-)

Thanks stand clear you made my weekend!!! Congrats to all on the panel.

Advertisement