Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indian Beers

• 13-07-2011 11:56am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26

Dear Boarders
    I am thinking of importing Indian beers (other than Cobra) and I am wondering if there is a market for them in Ireland?

This is a market research post and I would like to know your thoughts on this one.

1. I could organise a tasting in pubs/off-licences in Dublin to start off with so people can get to know Indian beers?
    2. Would you be willing to try out something new?
    3. Do you think that in the current environment, if I could provide a good product at a good price point, you would be willing to buy a new brasnd for your beer drinking needs?
    Any other feedback that you might have is also very welcome.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Surveys & Non-Media Research

dudara

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 The Mirage

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,278 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Might be better to ask in the Beers and Spirits thread you might get more of a response.
    Personally no I wouldn't switch to an Indian beer, doing my upmost to support Irish craft brewers. Haven't had an imported beer even a bud or a heineken in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

The Mirage wrote: »
    I could organise a tasting in pubs/off-licences in Dublin to start off with so people can get to know Indian beers?

Seems like a good idea. I don't actually live in Dublin myself but if I did, or if something similar was organised in my town, I would be interested.
    Would you be willing to try out something new?

Always willing to try out a new beer.
    Do you think that in the current environment, if I could provide a good product at a good price point, you would be willing to buy a new brasnd for your beer drinking needs?

I would certainly try new brands. It I find one or more that I enjoy I would purchase them in future. However, I do not stick to just one or two brands, and any new brand would not replace what I drink now. It would be one of many which I would consider purchasing in future depending on mood, available money etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

Indian beers aren't very good imo. You'd be able to get some restaurants to stock them, which is a good start. Other than that, I'd certainly retry most of them but I doubt I'd become a regular.

I think people are more and more interested in trying different beers these days.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement