Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tracker Mortgage!!

Options
  • 13-07-2011 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Is it true that some banks are starting to offer people with tracker mortgages compensation to get them over to a fixed or variable rate mortgage??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

TheEagles wrote: »
    Is it true that some banks are starting to offer people with tracker mortgages compensation to get them over to a fixed or variable rate mortgage??

Its been discussed a lot here but as far as i know no one has been able to definitivly say that they were offered it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I dont think this specific thing (in your post) has been reported but TSB (possibly amoung others) had written to their tracker mortgage customers offering them 10 or 20 percent extra of all lump sums over 5K paid of the tracker (with some limits)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Ruby_Woo

kippy wrote: »
    I dont think this specific thing (in your post) has been reported but TSB (possibly amoung others) had written to their tracker mortgage customers offering them 10 or 20 percent extra of all lump sums over 5K paid of the tracker (with some limits)

Has anyone actually been offered a 20% bonus if they pay off a lump sum with PTSB? I thought they were just offering 10% ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Ruby_Woo wrote: »
    Has anyone actually been offered a 20% bonus if they pay off a lump sum with PTSB? I thought they were just offering 10% ?

Sorry, as I said it could have been 10%, I cannot recall what the exact figure was.
    Either way the minimum was €5000 and in in crements of €5000 to a certain limit I believe.
    I wishe I had that much cash to through into it.

Advertisement