Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

beaches in dublin

Options
  • 13-07-2011 1:22pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭

are there any nice ones? What's the best one? Looking for recommendations thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

portmarnok beah is nie:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

I prefer Portmarnock..

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Oh I do like to be beside the "C" side............

Sorry, I'll get me coat!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

portmarnok beah is nie:pac:

the smily leaves me dubious :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the smily leaves me dubious :p

no thats dollymount you have to worry about

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

I would avoid malahide,I hear howth is pretty empty now,but for awesome fun you should go for a swim in the dodder in tallaght.....its not a beach but im sure you will find scantilly clad women around:D......and die from whatever is in that water.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

*whistles* i love the c side too.

thank guys, i await more suggestions :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

I like the beach at Donabate. It's a bit of a walk from the dart station but is well worth it. Much cleaner than most of the other beaches near the city itself

So I've been suggested, donabate, portmarnok, bettystown and sutton so far, now to try and find out which is best!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

I would avoid malahide,I hear howth is pretty empty now,but for awesome fun you should go for a swim in the dodder in tallaght.....its not a beach but im sure you will find scantilly clad women around:D......and die from whatever is in that water.

why avoid malahide ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Sutton beach is my favourite. The tides there can be dangerous at times though (they come in from all sides) so have your wits about you. It's such a gorgeous beach though, definitely recommend it.

Thanks, 2 votes for sutton!

I am not too far off being a lifeguard but will be with a new swimmer so maybe a safe place would be best, I'll let her doggy paddle at the shore!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Pormarnock by a mile. Miles of spotless beach and dunes. Safe swimming, no crazy currents and arelatively shallow sea, plus two life guard stations plus spotlessly clean toilets.

sounds great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

voxpop wrote: »
    why avoid malahide ?

its where everyone goes,its a lovely beach to go to but all the scumbags tend to go there,although you can laugh at foreign women in bra's rather than a bikini top :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,695 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I've always liked Loughshinny, once you move away from the fishing boats it's really lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

seapoint near dun laoghaire is the best place for swimming in dublin, not a beach in the strictest sense but safe clean and for the most part skanger free

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭deaddonkey

burrow beach in sutton.

bull island isn't a "good beach" but is good for dog walking :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Portmarnock is a nice beach.

Did ya go or ya going tomorrow?? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Another vote for Portmarnock, although it lies behind Kilmuckridge beach as the nicest beach I've been to in Ireland.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Another vote for Portmarnock.. I was actually planning to head out that way today myself but the weather doesn't look great :(

xzanti wrote: »
    Another vote for Portmarnock.. I was actually planning to head out that way today myself but the weather doesn't look great :(

I'm right beside it and its really warm and sticky at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I'm right beside it and its really warm and sticky at the moment.

ewwww

What's the weather like though?

Ah just remembered I've some photos from Portmarnock taken on my phone..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,323 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

deaddonkey wrote: »
    burrow beach in sutton.

Ssh, let's keep it a secret, gorgeous beach, rarely busy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

I was out at Portmarnock today chilling with a mate.

Being a dub my whole life, I can't understand how I've never been there before! Quality spot - if you aren't too keen on sand, one can simply lie on the grass. Poifect.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Its a pity rthat after bank holidays and very warm days Portmarnock beach looks like a tip head filled with beer bottles, boxes, bbq's towels and other crap that the scum of the city dont bother putting in the bins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Any good ones on the Southside goys? Seapoint isn't a beach and Sandymount Strand can be a bit hit and miss. Any recommendations?

• Advertisement

thanks guys, pix are appreciated :D

must pick a good day now!

Advertisement