Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

beaches in dublin

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

Miss Fluff wrote: »
    Any good ones on the Southside goys? Seapoint isn't a beach and Sandymount Strand can be a bit hit and miss. Any recommendations?

Seapoint isn't a beach, eh ? The clue is in the name missus.

Apart from sea, sand, rock pools, life guards, changing rooms, toilets, a DART station (actually 2), yellow buoy marked swimming areas and several slips for launching small craft and kayaks, what would your criteria be for being a beach ?

Yours,

Annoyed of Seapoint.

p.s. technically having 2 DART stations isn't necessary for a beach, but it sure makes for an easily accessible beach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

zagmund wrote: »
    Seapoint isn't a beach, eh ? The clue is in the name missus.

Apart from sea, sand, rock pools, life guards, changing rooms, toilets, a DART station (actually 2), yellow buoy marked swimming areas and several slips for launching small craft and kayaks, what would your criteria be for being a beach ?

Yours,

Annoyed of Seapoint.

p.s. technically having 2 DART stations isn't necessary for a beach, but it sure makes for an easily accessible beach.

Take your annoyance elsewhere ok?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 verlona12

I'd avoid portmarnick, its bad now with all the teens going to drink there at the weekend, I would opt for sandymount, but rush is a lovely beach and very quite, the 33 bus would leave you into the village, just 10 minutes from the beach

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

Take your annoyance elsewhere ok?.

Sheesh, it was just a joke. The basic question to Miss Fluff stands though - if Seapoint isn't regarded as a beach, what are her criteria ? Without knowing them it will be hard to answer the question.

z

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Miss Fluff wrote: »
    Any good ones on the Southside goys? Seapoint isn't a beach and Sandymount Strand can be a bit hit and miss. Any recommendations?

Kiliney Beach right by the dart station is alright or Whiterocks on the Vico road about 10 minutes walk back up the road from the dart station.

Greystones is alright as well, just south of the Town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Kiliney Beach right by the dart station is alright...

I've encountered quite a few little scumbags, on the rob, on Killiney beach throughout the years. Puts me off going there. Personally speaking, of course!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

cosmic wrote: »
    I've encountered quite a few little scumbags, on the rob, on Killiney beach throughout the years. Puts me off going there. Personally speaking, of course!

I don't go there too often but the beaches in Kiliney are just about the only beaches in Dublin where I haven't encountered plenty of scumbags!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Snacker

from what i can see everywhere in dublin is full of scumbags

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Snacker wrote: »
    from what i can see everywhere in dublin is full of scumbags

Very nice, but you really felt the need to drag up a 2 month old thread to post this?

Permanent ban for you

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

went to portmarnock beach the other day, was lovely, bit windy. Will try sutton next!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

The north beach in Rush is good too. If travelling by bus, get off at the cricket club on the road to Skerries after Rush village and it's a short walk from there. Nice bar in the cricket club too if it's open...

Not your ornery onager

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Esel wrote: »
    The north beach in Rush is good too. If travelling by bus, get off at the cricket club on the road to Skerries after Rush village and it's a short walk from there. Nice bar in the cricket club too if it's open...
    will have a look thanks, got off a few km from portmarnock but this sounds better :d

Advertisement