Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Table for 1 in Dublin tonight

Options
  • 13-07-2011 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Will be in Dublin tonight and looking for somewhere where I can get a table for 1 but not look like a Billy No Mates! Any ideas...Grafton Street area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,976 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Why not get a burrito, then hit the pub after ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Moved from Food & Drink.

HB

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Will be in Dublin tonight and looking for somewhere where I can get a table for 1 but not look like a Billy No Mates! Any ideas...Grafton Street area.

maybe get grub in a Pub..you often see people guzzling by themselves.

Dunno what kind of food you're after but you could try Porter House in Nassau st,O'Neills in Suffolk St or Captain Americas in Grafton st.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Wagamama?

I'd often go there on lunch on my todd, and there'd be a lot of other individuals doing the same

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

Maybe try Bewleys, half way down Grafton Street...

http://bewleys.com/bewleys-grafton-street-cafe/our-menus/lunch

It is a Dublin institution (though in a different guise food wise from its current incarnation) and it is almost part of its lore that it has an above average quota of tables for one, who usually move between nosing into a book and observing their fellow diners. The restaurant bit is mainly at the back, walk through the front cafe part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Untitled-1.jpg?1288903617

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭gigino

Captain Americas is good...bring a magazine or something to read. Plenty of stuff on the walls to look at. You will not find the time passing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

I would say TGI for their burgers oh my gosh their burgers.
    But Wagamama's a good choice.

But Is it only me that finds the Irish fear of being alone or silent kind of strange.

When I was younger I would be walking along the street and mentally thinking of excuses of why I was on my own just incase I ran into someone I knew

And then one day I just decided to stop caring friends won't judge, enemies can think what they like and don't even get me started on strangers psssh strangers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

saa wrote: »
    When I was younger I would be walking along the street and mentally thinking of excuses of why I was on my own just incase I ran into someone I knew

And then one day I just decided to stop caring friends won't judge, enemies can think what they like and don't even get me started on strangers psssh strangers.

Er...okay.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

The Grand Central on O'Connell Street does great food and its a pub so you wont look like a lemon - take the paper and there ya go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

If you're willing to walk up to wexford st

against the grain, great food and a huge selection of drinks

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Boojum in the Italian Quarter or Taste of Emilia on Lower Liffey Street

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

So where did you go the other night??

Was it nice?

Did you feel like Billy No Mates in the end?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Larianne wrote: »
    So where did you go the other night??

Was it nice?

Did you feel like Billy No Mates in the end?
    Hope he didn't decide on the Greasy Spoon and then got food poisoning.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Latchy wrote: »
    Hope he didn't decide on the Greasy Spoon and then got food poisoning.

Yes, he could still be on the toilet. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Larianne wrote: »
    Yes, he could still be on the toilet. :eek:

Probably locked in and fell asleep to .....:eek:

Advertisement