Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Over 30 going out alone in Dundalk

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

MugMugs wrote: »
    Mind me asking why you would'nt suggest it so ?

Maybe because it's a ****hole! Doncarlos even said it was a dump. Doesn't have to be any trouble in a place not to recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

MugMugs wrote: »
    Mind me asking why you would'nt suggest it so ?

Because there are a lot nicer bars in the town. It's a real old school local bar that hasn't been renovated for as long as I have been drinking there. That's not to say the locals will turn and stare at you if you are unknown in fact it probably is pretty welcoming.

It has recently been bought by two business men from the North, not sure what plans if any they have to make any changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Over 30 ? The Garden beside Ridleys.

It's an over 30's place, sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 racingboo

Just heard of it yesterday, will go there soon. (:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Johnny Foreigner

I was in the Garden last night and can recommend it highly. Good 1980's pop music, and great atmosphere. Over 30's crowd (30-50's mainly). Nice modern decor as well.

• Advertisement

The Garden is a nice place but needs to drop the over 30's tag. I was in it last night and apart from me and a mate there was no one in it bar a couple of over 50's!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Insurgent wrote: »
    The Garden is a nice place but needs to drop the over 30's tag. I was in it last night and apart from me and a mate there was no one in it bar a couple of over 50's!

Last night as in Sunday night?
    I thought the Garden was only open Fridays and Saturdays?

Last night as in Sunday night?
    I thought the Garden was only open Fridays and Saturdays?

Yep, I was in it last night. Is it open on a Friday night? Only been in it on Saturday and Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Johnny Foreigner

Yep, I was in it last night. Is it open on a Friday night? Only been in it on Saturday and Sunday.

The Garden is open; Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

I must've picked it up wrong, so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Seemed to be something on in Parkes when I was passing around 7, could have took away from the garden.

Advertisement