Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question

• 13-07-2011 3:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,107 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.wit.ie/StudyatWIT/UndergraduateCourses/Humanities/NationalCertificateinTourismwithBusiness/#d.en.21194

i done the leaving cert back in 2007 and got something like 175 points but i done foundation maths in it thus not entitling me to get into third level education but i completed 2 fetac level 5 course Sound Engineering (2007/2008) and Office Adminstration (2010/2011) and i applied this year to the above tourism course in the wit that is 200 points but if you have the min of 5 ordninary d3 leaving cert subjects passed and a fetac level 5 in any disicple you should get accepted in the course.

my question is there something i didnt do that may prevent me from getting into this course

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭Further Ed.

First of all this sounds like that you are in the pilot scheme and not the Higher Education Links scheme - there are two schemes for those using FETAC to move to Universities and IoTs. You can not select which scheme you are in - it depends on where you are applying to and what course. Most of the IoTs are in the pilot scheme - this is where you compete against Leaving Cert students for places as opposed to the HELS where there are a set number of places reserved for FETAC students.

So wait and see. Do remember you will need a full FETAC award and that award should have been gained in one sitting.

If you are still anxious contact WIT Admissions Office.

Advertisement