Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Novice Question or two.

• 13-07-2011 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

Have taken up running recently, (about 6weeks ago) really starting to get serious about it and starting to enjoy it more aswell. :)

What caught my eye in the newspaper last week was a Lidl brochure advertising this type of gear etc:

http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/lidl_ie/hs.xsl/index_12781.htm

So, question: with these type of shorts, are you supposed to wear other shorts over them? -and what kind of underwear is best-suited to wearing under them?

Same goes for the tops, are you supposed to wear another top over them?

Sorry for what probably are very silly questions. :)

Thx. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 siooo88

Hi,

Yes these are compression shorts and are designed as a base layer. They are designed to compress the skin and wick away sweat, therefore they are a replacement for underwear. The idea is that you then wear a pair of running shorts over them.

Same with the tops, they are a base layer. They are designed to be worn underneath another looser fitting running top.

Brands such as under armour offer both coldgear and heatgear, designed for different seasons/weather throughout the year, although, you will pay substantially more for that brand. If you are starting off, may as well test out something cheap like lidl products to see if they work for you. If you like it, it may be worth investing in something such as under armour, a lot more durable. Although I do plan to get one of these tops myself tomorrow, worth a try at that price.

Hope this helps!!

Advertisement