Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaraunt for Friday night.

Options
  • 13-07-2011 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭

I'm bringing me girlfriend out for a meal on Friday night but the only thing is that other than late night kebabs I've never really eaten out in Dublin other than Hard Rock and Thunder Road.

So I'm looking for suggestions on where to go for just a nice simple meal really, I'm not too fussy as long as I can get a steak or something like that and she's fond of chicken and Chinese type places. Preferably somewhere not overly pricey aswell.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

Darwins on Auinger Street. Yamomoir Auinger Street Again,

Nicos on Dame street

Mongolian BBQ Temple Bar behind Club M.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Boulevard on Exchequer st...............delish.

I usually use Ireland.com to find out about good places to eat if that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭temply

Bar Pintxo in Templebar would be lovely, they have a terrace out the back too - lovely tapas and very very reasonable - nice place for a date.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

Cheers for all the suggestions, I assume it'd be wise to make a reservation due to it being a Friday night?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

bassey wrote: »
    Cheers for all the suggestions, I assume it'd be wise to make a reservation due to it being a Friday night?

Depends on where it is but be on the safe side. Check out menupages.ie too - they are great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭kc87

temply wrote: »
    Bar Pintxo in Templebar would be lovely, they have a terrace out the back too - lovely tapas and very very reasonable - nice place for a date.

I would second bar pintxo. have bein there a lot with the other half and always a fun chilled out night. foods lovely and witht the tapas at least ya get to try a few different things.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Highly recommend Acapulco on Georges St - Mexican food. My favourite restaurant in Dublin! Nom nom nom :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭temply

cosmic wrote: »
    Highly recommend Acapulco on Georges St - Mexican food. My favourite restaurant in Dublin! Nom nom nom :pac:

You have to be hungry heading there!!! The portions are massive.

Nice place though I have to say!

temply wrote: »
    You have to be hungry heading there!!! The portions are massive.

I know - I still clean my plate every time though! Too tasty to leave anything behind! Even if it means being in pain for the rest of the evening :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

I know - I still clean my plate every time though! Too tasty to leave anything behind! Even if it means being in pain for the rest of the evening :p

Me and the lads have made the mistake of starting a boozy night there... Big mistake, can't fit a pint in afterwards! A few times we've all ended up back at home, tucked up in bed by 11pm!

....in our own individual beds

I swear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,691 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Sometimes these restaurant threads go nowhere and sometimes they are a lesson, great suggestions here.

I say Winding Stair if you can hit the early bird. Gets a bit pricey after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

I decided to go to Bar Pintxo, I'll let ye know how I get on

I take it back :( I've been going there for years and years and it was, without a doubt, my favourite restaurant in Dublin. But I was in there for lunch the other day and the menu, and the food itself, have completely changed. I got a burrito, which used to be so tasty, but it was cold, had barely any rice in it, and no cheese (all were listed on the menu as ingredients). It seems like they have a new head chef and he/she is making changes. Bad move. Such a shame :( I'm so disappointed! Need to find a new favourite restaurant now...

Advertisement