Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relatively cheap cookery courses in Galway?

Options
  • 13-07-2011 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

I'm looking for a beginners cookery class in Galway city.
    If any of you have any experiences or any links regarding these courses can you please post ?

I've had a look myself, there is one in Oranmore called Kate's place but I don't have a car at the moment so I'd prefer somewhere in the city.
    Also found one called Love2Cook in Salthill but their 6 week course seems to a different international theme each week, Italian, Thai .. etc.

Just want to perfect the basics, any suggestions ? Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Redditor

-Vega- wrote: »
    I've had a look myself, there is one in Oranmore called Kate's place but I don't have a car at the moment so I'd prefer somewhere in the city.
    I can't recommend anywhere to you as I haven't a clue about it myself but I can tell you that the Oranmore shuttle drops you at the door of Kate's Place pretty much.

I dunno what constitutes cheap for a cooking class, but they seem to have the sort of thing you are looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Cava has classes, call in and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

biko wrote: »
    Cava has classes, call in and ask.

Really? Cool ! Will do :D

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭JJRocket

If you like to eat fish, Galway Bay Seafood have very reasonably priced classes , they are on Saturdays and you would usually cook 3 different dishes. Thoroughly enjoyed the classes and would recommend them but obviously you would need to be a fish lover!

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Thanks for the suggestion but yeah I'm not a full on fish lover but hopefully I'll aquire more of a taste for it as I progress :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement