Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South Dublin City properties available to RA tenants

Options
  • 13-07-2011 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭

Hi, making a general inquiry on behalf of a single parent that I know. They are entitled to rent allowance at the single parent family level (930 max per month) and are seeking to move to the Ranelagh/Clonskeagh area of the city shortly.

However, while there appears to be plenty of available rental properties in the area, many specify no rent allowance tenants, or else state so when called for inquiry.

Now, I can appreciate the reticence of some landlords in taking on rent allowance tenants, as many are unemployed/unemployable and may be anti-social in their habits or irresponsible with money. However, I'm talking about a single father with a single child in their mid-teens here. Respectable, quiet people who are currently down on their luck.

I'm not that familiar with the rental scene in Sth Dublin beyond what I can see on Daft. So I would like to ask people if anyone knows how best they could go about finding somewhere suitable, other than calling every single ad online to ask if they take RA or not?

Is there a letting agency or certain landlords you know of who are more sympathetic to such tenants, especially if they come with good references?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,398 ✭✭✭✭Victor

On daft.ie, in the Advanced Search there is an option to select "Are you looking for places that accept rent allowance?"

It does throw up a small number of results for D4/6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 dublinsd

Hi,landlords say they do not accept RA, but most do I think. When asked face to face they would all accept now. RA is paid to you, and you pay the landlord...thus you can still pay the landlord by cash or cheque..its no skin of thier back..tax wise or any other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

If he goes to focuspoint ,templebar ,or centrecare they give out a list around 11am ,units for rent that accept ra,rents on the southside tend to be higher .IF the landlord says i dont take ra, theres no point in wasting time viewing the flat,house,landlords have specific reasons for refusing ra,or they think someone in full time work is more reliable in regard to rent payments.

Advertisement