Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband (only) for office

• 13-07-2011 5:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, I've moving offices and need a connection, just wondering what the best options are? I'm liking the look of the 100mb package from UPC for 57 p/month, although that's in a residential package, need to check if they'll sell that to a business address. Any others I should be considering?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

Pixelcraft wrote: »
    Hey guys, I've moving offices and need a connection, just wondering what the best options are? I'm liking the look of the 100mb package from UPC for 57 p/month, although that's in a residential package, need to check if they'll sell that to a business address. Any others I should be considering?

Cheers

You won't get any faster from any other retail operation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Probably not, you'll need to sign up for a business package - details here: http://business.upc.ie/your_business/small_to_medium_enterprises/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

bkehoe wrote: »
    Probably not, you'll need to sign up for a business package - details here: http://business.upc.ie/your_business/small_to_medium_enterprises/

Those don't seem to be updated to correspond with the new packages.

You could sign up with a residential package. The main difference is the fact that fault resolution times would probably be a lot quicker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

They updated the business packages in the last 2 weeks. They are the new packages... The only difference was the addition of the 100MB service. We are told that they cannot provide static IPs on the 100MB service yet though so haven't upgraded yet and I'd say a lot of business customers won't be.

The other advantage of the business packages is the unlimited usage and the dedicated very helpful support and ability to have many phone lines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭buzz11

I'm also looking for cheapest office broadband and from looking around the best deal seems to be UPC base for €35pm (3mb/1mb) I'm located in a cable area so can take it.

Am I right in assuming that all other options involve a PSTN with line rental an additional cost? (which is €21pm line rental plus broadband cost of at least €20 to €25?)

Thanks !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

No. Wireless does not have line rental either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

Pixelcraft wrote: »
    Any others I should be considering?Cheers

maybe these people http://www.colt.de/ie/en

Advertisement