Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice UK - 13th July 2011 (Episode 11)

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,058 ✭✭✭afatbollix

crisco10 wrote: »
    They did rock that task. Tom nailed the concept, Good menu, Helen was good on the numbers...

Tom is the numbers guy!! Not helen

Anyone else notice that the BBC have told us who have won we could see who he pointed to... It was the same last week I could tell it was who ever sat on lord sugars left was fired..

Shoddy editing by the BBC :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

afatbollix wrote: »

Anyone else notice that the BBC have told us who have won we could see who he pointed to... It was the same last week I could tell it was who ever sat on lord sugars left was fired..

Shoddy editing by the BBC :(

Yeah, I try to look at the direction LS points at to work out who gets fired

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

RachaelVO wrote: »
    The apprentice drinking game... we should so that for the final!!!!!

I'd be so in to that :p sure never mind the Thursday morning hangover.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

quickbeam wrote: »

It'll be worth it for the final though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

It'll be worth it for the final though!

The final is on Sunday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

It would be a Monday morning hangover - the final is on Sunday.

I agree with what some one else said about Helen getting a few digs at Tom but with a smile to make it seem harmless. She was very condescending and kept referring to the business as her vision, she never gave Tom any credit for it at all, but in my view they were both responsible for it being a success.

Delighted Natasha's gone although I wouldn't have been sorry to see Jim go either, he really doesn't live up to his own hype. Maybe for selling and negotiating but he can't project manage and delighted Susie called him on it. I'd love to see her or Tom win, it just depends on whether LS is looking to be hand on with his business partner or leave them to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

I hope that the business plan they hand up next week is the buisness they go into partnership with LS with.

Bring on the interview and dear aul Margaret

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Very entertaining episode, Natasha was so far out of her depth, she never should've got that far. I thought when she was sweeping the floor on the second day, that it was the most useful thing she'd done on the task.

I like that they're making the interview episode the final. The final episode in previous years always felt anti-climactic to me. It was always subjective who won and it sometimes seemed to me that Sugar had made his mind up on the winner before the task (a couple of times the person who seemed to perform second-best on the final task, got the job, which gave it an unsatisfactory ending). The interview episode has always been fantastic though.

Helen is still clear favourite but the business plan is an interesting tweak. It could be possible for one of the other three to capture Sugar's imagination with their idea, but it will have to be something very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Natasha was deffo the right choice!!!!!!!! It would have been a disaster had she of been in the final.

I'm delighted for Susan. She is some grafter, I admire that in her!

So am I, I like her, deserved imo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭crisco10

afatbollix wrote: »

Well, I was really talking about Helen presenting the numbers about the food. And when she was designing the menu she was very aware of the food going in v selling price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

I actually thought Tom won last nights task for the team , he was excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

I am looking forward to the interviewers tearing apart Jim's charm offensive!
    Tom ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

It was always going to be Scribbons, she is dire, yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Did anyone else see the take of Karen Brady frowning outside an Adult Shop earlier on in the program??
    It could've so easily looked like she had just left the shop and was frustrated with something...Full sure DO'B was gonna pick up on it in TAYF afterwards but alas:(

Really want Tom to win,that Qype/Mypy moment was class.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

I wonder if they will make a show about the potential company.

theboss80 wrote: »
    The final is on Sunday

A monday morning hangover it is so!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

The apprentice drinking game... we should so that for the final!!!!!

Remind me of the rules..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

What the Hell is the need for spoilers? No one know who wins!!

steve9859 wrote: »
    Remind me of the rules..

Every time you have one of the candidates says or if you see the following:

Anyone says I give/gave 110%
    Sight of the Gherkin building in an aerial shot
    If Nick Hewer gives that disapproving, nose wrinkling look
    If you spot Lord Sugar in a helicopter
    Karren Brady rolls her eyes
    Sugar says ‘Bloody Disaster’ or ‘bloody’ anything
    In the boardroom someone says ‘Can I just say…’
    Lord Sugar cracks a gag
    Candidate crying, sobbing or weeping
    Sugar points his firing finger
    Everytime you see a candidate take a drink (tea, water, wine etc; )

You knock back a drink. I adjusted some of the rules to suit the final (no point in having rules in for a task when it's interviews ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

If Nick Hewer gives that disapproving, nose wrinkling look
    Karren Brady rolls her eyes

I'll be locked 30 minutes into the show :D

Those two never stop doing these

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 hacoy

I think Helen is amazing! she seems the most normal out of them! Really looking forward to the interviews and seeing Jim ripped to shreds!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Helen is brilliant but she was invisible the first five weeks. So she was lucky she kept winning at the start as she could have easily been fired if brought in the boardroom

mikemac wrote: »
    I'll be locked 30 minutes into the show :D

Those two never stop doing these

We all will...:):):):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Missed last night episodes so thanks for the catch-up!

Still flying the flag for Team Tom!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Can someone who knows please explain how soon before the final that the winner is notified etc, as I hear conflicting reports every series about how it's announced and every series leaks start appearing on the internet telling us who has won, and generally it's bang on the money.

It would be much appreciated.

PM me if you want to know who people are saying has won this series.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Paully D wrote: »
    Can someone who knows please explain how soon before the final that the winner is notified etc, as I hear conflicting reports every series about how it's announced and every series leaks start appearing on the internet telling us who has won, and generally it's bang on the money.

It would be much appreciated.

PM me if you want to know who people are saying has won this series.
    I have heard reports that the final is held a week before the final is televised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

Anyone see the apprentice round up last night with dara?? What was interesting is just how bad the first guys to get fired were. Like that accountant guy. You don't realize when you watch week on week, but the quality of the groups gets imperceptibly better and when you compare the 4 people left to week one, its clear that Alan sugar made the right choices

Advertisement