Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another fees question. previous lower level qualification.

Options
  • 13-07-2011 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭

I have just been offered a place in a course in UL for this september, I completed a 2 year course in electronic engineering in LIT 10 years ago and got a cert (level 6 qualification i think) and the course i'm starting offers a level 8 B.Sc. degree
    Will i have to pay fees for the first two years as i've already done the other course?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

echomadman wrote: »
    I have just been offered a place in a course in UL for this september, I completed a 2 year course in electronic engineering in LIT 10 years ago and got a cert (level 6 qualification i think) and the course i'm starting offers a level 8 B.Sc. degree
    Will i have to pay fees for the first two years as i've already done the other course?

Hi OP,
    Unfortunately its likely that you will have to pay fees for the first 2 years. You can check with the DES student support unit on 057 9325317. Tell them what level you have and how long ago it was and they should be able to give you a straight answer on the fees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Tulip11

Hi Echomadman,

I've been looking into this and so long as you're course was a Level 6 then you should be ok. The advice I was given by DES was to check with the college I hope to attend in Sept, as they determine if I pay fees or not.

The college have asked me to contact the college I obtained my Diploma in to provide additional information to them in writing e.g. what level was the course prior to the implementation of the NFQ framework and did they cover free fees for me when I attended my diploma.

At the moment I'm waiting on a response with fingers and toes crossed as without fees assistance it's really unlikely I'll be starting the course in Sept.

Best of luck,
    Tulip 11

Advertisement