Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post primary holidays

• 13-07-2011 6:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭

I hope all the teachers on here realise how lucky they are regarding the extended holidays. I just got an email from my friend who I was at uni with in the UK hoping we could meet up next week but her son, the same age as mine 14, is only getting his summer holidays at the end of this month.

Most of us have studied, worked, lived abroad know what teachers etc. get in other countries.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭Rosita

"Most of us have studied, worked, lived abroad know what teachers etc. get in other countries."

Believe it or not, people in the teaching profession who work with people who taught in the UK or perhaps taught in the UK themselves would know this stuff too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭gaeilgebeo

femur61 wrote: »
    I hope all the teachers on here realise how lucky they are regarding the extended holidays. I just got an email from my friend who I was at uni with in the UK hoping we could meet up next week but her son, the same age as mine 14, is only getting his summer holidays at the end of this month.

Most of us have studied, worked, lived abroad know what teachers etc. get in other countries.

And your point is? :confused:
    Teachers are aware of the differences between the English education system and the Irish education system.
    I'm sure you can arrange to meet your friend in August! :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I finished work this week and will be back in from the day of the LC results.

Not everyone has skid marks under them at the start of June. In fact two days of my so-called holiday (which I'm going on on Thursday) will be spent getting resources for my classes.

Don't tell me how hard I work and don't troll this forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

I'm not trolling just sick off teachers saying how hard it it for them. My husband can hardly move when he comes home from work. He never gets a break and BTW his taxes are paying your wages. We would like some appreciation not how hard everyone works in the PS, I wish they would remember we are a population size of greater Manchester and look how many MP's they have, schools, hospitals, and what do we have. Teachers, nurses, gardai, consultants some of the highest paid in Europe.

We are broke as a nation and what bubble are ye all living in. Sorry I am not trolling just under extreme stress, can't pay the mortgage, kids need new books again, (new edition). Country is fecked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

femur61 wrote: »
    I hope all the teachers on here realise how lucky they are .....

Ya thanks for pointing that out, you really should become a teacher femur61, it's illogical for you not to want to, it's a doddle to get into theses days,, for that matter I really can't figure out why the whole world don't come to Ireland and be teachers..

now where did I leave my sombrero?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Yes it's a troll. Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement