Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

samsung galaxy 2 , can it be blocked ?

Options
  • 13-07-2011 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Hi All
    hope someone can help , my friend got a samsung gal 2 on billpay but is now deciding to travel for 6 months and has offered me the phone for 350 , i want to take it but im worried that it could be blocked as i dont think shes planning on paying her bill while shes in oz ! anyone with any advice id much appreciate it :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭kirving

Yes, it could be. Could you take over paying her bill for her?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

There's an app for that: http://samsunggalaxys2review.org/samsung-galaxy-s2-sim-unlock-app-guide

I don't think the operators block phones themselves if there is a bill dispute. However your friend would still face a credit blacklist if she didn't continue to pay her bill.

If she is on Three then it would make sense for her to use her three sim on another phone in OZ using Three like Home to still call Ireland on her plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭kirving

Would they regard the handset as stolen(as it's new and expensive) and blacklist it?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭laura29

Thanks all , i dont want to take over her bill as im quite happy on prepay im just weary as its alot of money to fork out for a phone that could just be useless to me in a few weeks , really really want to buy it tho !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

You're friend is dumb - not paying her bill is going to affect her credit rating! Could hurt getting loans in the future.

My suggestion would be that she asks for her contract to be frozen, and resume it when she gets back. I did that with Meteor for 3 months once, worked pretty well. Then you'd also know 100% that the phone won't be remotely bricked by the Operator.

• Advertisement
Advertisement