Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any suggestion for a nice but cheap B&B for some Italian girls?

Options
  • 13-07-2011 8:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hello everyody!

I'm new here, I'm Italian from Verona, Northeast of Italy. I'm planning to spend some days in Galway (like 15-20), probably end of August-September, I might come with some friends or by myself. I've already been twice in Ireland and literally fell in love with the Country, its friendly people, the music and...the beer of course;), and looking forward to escape from the hot and humid Italian summer. Really, I lived in different Countries and travelled around the world, and have to say that Ireland is one of my favorites. So, I'd like to know if any of you people from Galway, could suggest some nice but cheap b&b or self catering houses or apartments, and also, if I'm coming alone, I'd like to know the safest areas of Galway where I could stay as a single young woman. I already googled it, but any other tip or information is appreciated.

Thanks, and ciao!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭ourtrail

Garveys Inn in Eyre Square is a good B'n'b as is Abbey Lodge - Google should provide you with contact numbers/details.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Cheap and nice don't really go together.

Would you consider a hostel. Check out www.hostelworld.com for recommendations. Insist on a women-only dorm.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭howyanow

holiday hotel in salthill is decent and priced reasonably.i dont have a link tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭daigo75

Self catering could be a good idea, for such a long period. The cost is relatively high, but if you're 3 or 4 people it's less than a B&B and you won't have to eat out every evening. I can't personally recommend a specific place, but a quick search returned several results.

Saluti da un mezzo veneto. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

akamossie wrote: »

Don't do this. I know someone who used it and was a complete scumbag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 nocciolina

Wow, thanks for all your replies!

ourtrail wrote: »
    Garveys Inn in Eyre Square is a good B'n'b as is Abbey Lodge - Google should provide you with contact numbers/details.

Thanks, I'll check it out :)

JustMary wrote: »
    Cheap and nice don't really go together.

Would you consider a hostel. Check out www.hostelworld.com for recommendations. Insist on a women-only dorm.

Thank you for the suggestion JustMary, I already checked with the hostels, but I was looking for a pvt room with few beds or a single room with en suite bathroom and couldn't find it. I don't want to sound squeamish, but my friends (if thery're going to come) and I are quite cautious in sharing the bathroom with many people we don't know, you know, it's a question of personal hygiene or hygiene in general (or better lack of it) That's why I rather look for B&B or self catering apartments, it's OK to pay from 25 to 35 euros per night per person. Thank you tho!

howyanow wrote: »
    holiday hotel in salthill is decent and priced reasonably.i dont have a link tho.

Will check it out, thank you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭beeintheknow

If you would like to post some pictures, depending on what you look like, you might be able to stay with me.

:cool:

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Don't do this. I know someone who used it and was a complete scumbag

I actually am in couchsurfing (since last summer), and some people are really great,the problem is that most of the people host for only 2-3 nights, and, of course, you have to be careful when you surf or you host, have to carefully check the references left by other people, you might be lucky or might incur in not so good experiences, as everywhere. I usually meet with people in Verona and show them around, I never hosted or never surfed, it's nice to meet with natives and know all the "non touristic traps", have something to drink, I'm still in touch with some of them (Americans, English, Dutch etc) and made some friends.:)

akamossie wrote: »

Are you a couchsurfer? I was thinking to get in touch with the Galway cs group once I know the exact arrival date, but just to ask if anybody would be interested in showing me around, or have something to drink.

daigo75 wrote: »
    Self catering could be a good idea, for such a long period. The cost is relatively high, but if you're 3 or 4 people it's less than a B&B and you won't have to eat out every evening. I can't personally recommend a specific place, but a quick search returned several results.

Saluti da un mezzo veneto. :)

Ciao, should I reply in English or Italian? Actually I am not veneta, my family is from the North of Tuscany, but always lived in the North of Italy and abroad :) Grazie per le info, controllo. Sei mezzo veneto e mezzo..?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

nocciolina wrote: »
    Thank you for the suggestion JustMary, I already checked with the hostels, but I was looking for a pvt room with few beds or a single room with en suite bathroom and couldn't find it. I don't want to sound squeamish, but my friends (if thery're going to come) and I are quite cautious in sharing the bathroom with many people we don't know, you know, it's a question of personal hygiene or hygiene in general (or better lack of it) That's why I rather look for B&B or self catering apartments, it's OK to pay from 25 to 35 euros per night per person. Thank you tho!

How about a holiday apartment out in Salthill? You can Google them.

If you would like to post some pictures, depending on what you look like, you might be able to stay with me.

:cool:

Why don't you post yours first? ;) Ahahah, beeintheknow, thanks for the offer anyway, but I should say that it's not so nice to host people in base of their looks tho :D. I'll look for something else, but in case we could meet for a drink, who knows? I have to say that I'm not the typical Italian that foreign people think Italian should be (actually there are many blonde hair, blue eyes Italians in the North), I have very fair (means white) skin, cannot get tanned, brown-red hair and brown eyes with some green in them. No dark hair or dark skin if you expected that.

Wompa1 wrote: »
    How about a holiday apartment out in Salthill? You can Google them.

Great idea, Wompa, thank you for the tip!

Advertisement