Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visual Communication Course DIT

Options
  • 13-07-2011 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi

I am looking into going back to college as a mature student.

When i left school i started a degree in Fine art but dropped out because the life of a penneyless artist wasn't for me. I did get a place in Graphic Design but being a stupid 18 year old i picked fine art.

I started working then and after nearly 10 years I am in a good job etc but i'm not happy and am craving doing something creative again. For years i've been saying i would go back to college and now is as good a time to start as any.

I'm thinking i'd like to start in 2012 so i need to start putting my Portfolio together. From this years info it was March for submission.

Anyway LONG STORY SHORT. Is anyone here a graduate or current student of the Visual Communications course in DIT. Tips and advise welcome?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Nora115

meabhaline wrote: »
    Hi

I am looking into going back to college as a mature student.

When i left school i started a degree in Fine art but dropped out because the life of a penneyless artist wasn't for me. I did get a place in Graphic Design but being a stupid 18 year old i picked fine art.

I started working then and after nearly 10 years I am in a good job etc but i'm not happy and am craving doing something creative again. For years i've been saying i would go back to college and now is as good a time to start as any.

I'm thinking i'd like to start in 2012 so i need to start putting my Portfolio together. From this years info it was March for submission.

Anyway LONG STORY SHORT. Is anyone here a graduate or current student of the Visual Communications course in DIT. Tips and advise welcome?

Hi , in the same boat here. Any advice on this? How many hours/classes do you have to attend per week in the first year? Thank you!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 412 ✭✭better call saul

I'd say lads get a degree that'll get you employed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I'd say lads get a degree that'll get you employed

What an ignorant comment to make.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

He's a troll - ignore - most of his posts are similar drivel.

Advertisement